the Rift

Cherry Bomb

Astrid Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Astrid
Unsurprisingly, Astrid didn’t have to wait long until scents invaded her senses. She had taken great lengths to stay hidden for so long. Standing out in the relative open like she was now was practically an invitation, though she didn’t mind it. If she was honest with herself, she was bored and lonely – she missed companionship and good company. However, she’d never admit that out loud. Stormy eyes blinked back open, adjusting to the stark whiteness of the snow before settling on the source of the sound - “Oh my!” - that had broke her reverie. It settled on the mare, unperturbed by her startled expression. If anything, once Astrid’s gaze settled on her, she was so curious about this other mare that she could have cared less about how the other mare saw her. The tree settled on the other mare’s spine intrigued her, but Astrid refrained from blurting out a question out of politeness. She had heard stories of horses born from trees and carrying a kind of tree upon their bodies in her homeland, but had never seen one in the flesh...Until today.

Drawing her wings up from the cold ground and tucking them into her sides, the gold and black mare offered the other a warm, crooked grin. Astrid had known no stranger in her old home, and had no intentions of changing that any time soon. “Hello!” she chirped, clearly quite pleased to not be alone any longer. However, before she could utter anything else, her gaze suddenly tore itself from her to another form approaching after landing in a flurry of snow. Astrid’s multicolored head tilt slightly, causing locks of her silvery colored forelock to drape haphazardly across her face. “Actually, I can’t say I am. I cannot speak for the lady, however,” she replied cautiously. Astrid regarded him carefully, though had not yet thrown up any walls. “I’m actually new around these parts. Well, sort of. Been here for a few weeks and the like,” she continued, though her stormy gaze had yet again wandered away from the stallion to yet another horse, another pegasus even, joining them. She offered the second stallion a friendly smile, bobbing her head slightly. “Of course! I don’t mind the slightest. The more the merrier, right?” It was a fair enough assessment, for Astrid at least. None of them had shown any signs that they were to be distrusted; all three seemed rather friendly and companionable, even. Besides, Astrid wasn’t about to look a gifted horse in the mouth and question why the universe seemed to have granted her some good luck out of the blue.

"Speech!" Thoughts

notes: @[Fig] @[Midas] @[Bucephalus]

Messages In This Thread
Cherry Bomb - by Astrid - 11-07-2014, 10:30 PM
RE: Cherry Bomb - by Fig - 11-08-2014, 04:26 PM
RE: Cherry Bomb - by Bucephalus - 11-08-2014, 06:22 PM
RE: Cherry Bomb - by Midas - 11-09-2014, 12:12 PM
RE: Cherry Bomb - by Astrid - 11-09-2014, 07:54 PM
RE: Cherry Bomb - by Fig - 11-10-2014, 06:47 PM
RE: Cherry Bomb - by Bucephalus - 11-13-2014, 06:50 PM
RE: Cherry Bomb - by Midas - 11-14-2014, 02:55 PM
RE: Cherry Bomb - by Astrid - 11-15-2014, 09:48 PM