the Rift

Breathing In Stars and Wishing on Fireflies

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
Rei
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

Rei watched as her breath rose into the nighttime air above her, rising higher than what even her wings could carry her. Back in Lytninia there was a legend about the stars being the pinpoints where your breath rose to mingle with that of those who would play vital roles in your life. The breath mingling would create such a reaction that it would give off light able to be seen from any distance. It was said that if you could pinpoint what star your breath made its way towards you could use it as the guiding North Star for your fate.

A layer of ice protested Rei's bearing her weight upon it. Silently she thanked the gods for her thick winter coat. This year it had grown unusually thick to the extent of many of her spots looked as if they had been joined together. Rei's winter coat made her appear to be a living breathing, although quite messy, 'connect the dots' game.

Rei had left Helovia for a brief time. The land had broken her heart. It had let her down. Helovia had bared its teeth at the mare and shown its wicked side. The brutal attack on the stallion, and the murder on her island of all places. For the first time the mare had seen glimpses of Lytninia in Helovia and it had scared her senseless. Her speckled hide shivered with the memories that had haunted her in her nightmares. She certainly hadn't meant to come back.

Once again Rei looked to the sky with scrutiny. She had been so wrapped up in her thoughts involving it that she had unwittingly wandered back to where she had purposely left. Frustrated she heaved a sigh. So much for progress.

Here she was once again.

Too hastily she turned to face away from Helovia leading to mortified mare standing splay legged on slippery ground. It was then that it caught her eye. Her breathe was mingling in one area before her. Where it hung in the air there was a light that would fade in and out, in and then back out. It was a firefly.

In correlation to her earlier thoughts the sign couldn't be more obvious. Although she could only be being superstitious. Or maybe 'signs' are only created by those who wish to see them. But Rei trotted in the direction of the firefly, in the direction of Helovia's Threshold, with no hesitation.

"I am going to be here for a long time. If I ever do decide to leave Helovia it will be only if I can leave it a changed place."

Credits: Thank you Shady and Tamme!
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Messages In This Thread
Breathing In Stars and Wishing on Fireflies - by Rei - 11-09-2014, 12:08 AM