the Rift

Breathing In Stars and Wishing on Fireflies
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

I’ve always thought stars were cold, selfish looking things. They cared nothing for the mortals who suffered beneath their icy, lofty stare – their light is a bittersweet glow no matter how lovely it was to look upon. Tonight I’m out for a walk in the threshold, beneath the diamond soaked sky; and though I try to move quietly, it would seem that every frost covered stick and stone was placed in my path to hinder such movement.

Everything glowed either a dark silver or bore edgy shadows that almost looked sharp enough to break skin. Aside from appearance everything was silent, sleeping. This was Helovia in Frostfall. There was no spot untouched by winter. Fina chirped pressingly from my rear, her flaming feathers aglow and eyes wide, bright. She was hungry and so was Neve; who had taken up what I was figuring a semi-permanent residence next to my nape. Both companions chortled, prying for my attention. Neve stretched out her little snow colored neck and gently tugged a lock of mane, I smiled tenderly and glanced back, “Aye, go hunt dear one. The night seems safe enough. Fina will aid thee.”

The ice princess turned to look at her sister with that innocent childlike fixation, Fina gazed back silently and smiled as only an raptor bird can. She spread her flaming wings, beating them hotly and shimmering the air around us. Neve followed suit, after a moment both birds took to the air. I paused, watching until they were out of sight, then continued down the path. My own feathers tightened, vainly holding in the warmth that had gathered against my hot barrel.

Ahead was an individual, her dotted pelt reminded me of a certain ice favoring unicorn that I'd not laid eyes upon in over two seasons. What ever became of him? I wondered.

This lady is familiar to me as a Throat citizen – I’d seen her at the race on sky island. “Hail, friend.” It would be rude to simply pass by without as much as a word of greeting. I might no longer be her Sultan, but we were still allies and in my mind family.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breathing In Stars and Wishing on Fireflies - by Midas - 11-09-2014, 11:00 AM