the Rift

Not So Long A Winter

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik the Bloodskald

What have we here?

The cold set him to wandering, and wandering to the Threshold seemed to be a habit he could not shake. Perhaps it was because he knew it was part of his job, perhaps because he wished to help usher lost souls to their appropriate places...perhaps Torleik simply didn't wish anyone to feel as bone-weary, empty and alone as he had upon arrival. Whatever his motivation, the Bloodskald found he was too preoccupied to root around in his brain and discern the particulars - so here he was.

Snow crunched beneath his feet, freezing even more thoroughly into ice around his hooves as he stepped, his magic ever-present. Irelyn soared languidly in the sky above the treetops, paying little heed to anyone or anything down below. That was fine for today; the Bloodskald did not want her to believe she had to be as vigilant as he was at all times. She was just a babe still, and needed to enjoy her childhood. Torleik's ears twitched as voices reached him, low and words indiscernible. So someone else was around. Why not take a look?

Altering his methodical path towards the voices, the General of the Basin came upon two stallions, one much larger than the other. He'd missed introductions, it seemed, but nodded respectfully to this other. Torleik could not recall ever seeing the large, muscular male prior to now, and certainly not this scrawnier unicorn nearby. However, despite missing introductions proper, it seemed this larger one was already launching into his persuasive speech to sway this unicorn into joining his herd - which appeared to be the World's Edge.

Hadn't Ophelia said something about the Basin having a problem with the World's Edge? Or had that been Illynx some time ago...the Bloodskald could not remember, and it was of little consequence now. He waited patiently, quietly out of respect, for the large stallion to finish, then stepped forward to command a slight bit of attention from all parties.

"And I can speak of the Aurora Basin if you wish," he began. "I am Torleik, and I reside in the mountains this one speaks of. I fear I have missed the part where we all exchange names - you are?" he asked of the unicorn, then turned to the larger stallion. "And you? We have not met as to my knowledge."

@[Cetan]
@[Thor]

"talk talk talk"

Art by araxel @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Not So Long A Winter - by Cetan - 11-09-2014, 12:08 PM
RE: Not So Long A Winter - by Thor - 11-09-2014, 02:49 PM
RE: Not So Long A Winter - by Cetan - 11-09-2014, 04:00 PM