the Rift

Not So Long A Winter

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Thor the Gentle Heart

The familiar rushing of the wind whispered at my ear and though it made me tremble in remembrance of the Steppe, I was quick to shrug free of the cold embrace like an impatient child. My muscles seized weakly in protest but in a moment’s time I was finally able to face Cetan with a determined gaze. His skittish personality did little to remedy the situation as he mistook nearly every action to be a threat and even as he jumped and blustered at my attempts to soothe him, I knew it was going to take more time and effort than my physical well-being was willing to give. I was more than ready to bring my task to a close as my body began to hum and sing from the pains of illness, but as the words began to translate from thought to sound the crunching of ice and frozen turf silenced my attempt. Irritation made my cheeks burn and my teeth clench in response to the damp scent of the Basin as it wafted through the barren trees, presumably clinging to the skin of one of their members. I’d yet to turn my eyes to face the intruder but morality would not let me beseech he or she out of respect for the neutrality that ruled over the Threshold. This was neither my place nor my temperament to lash out at any of all inhabitants of such an equal land… but I had found a loophole where frustration was involved.

However, upon laying eyes on the graceful creature that wandered seamlessly into our midst, I became more enthralled with him than agitated. I’d never seen the likes of him, but his posture and the way he seemed to glide across the icy swells was enough to intrigue me into spellbound tolerance, no matter the circumstances. Though ties with the Basin were still hazy in my mind, I knew that there existed some neutral agreement between their way of life and my own in the Edge. I had no intentions of disrespecting Kahlua or Kaj in the name of “recruiting” especially not after all they had done for me.

Upon his entrance, the charcoal stud nodded to Cetan and I with the valor of an aristocrat which made me wonder if he was indeed just that... or perhaps he was seated in power or maybe just titled? However, with my attentions only temporarily swayed, I allowed him into our company with a swift toss of my head. This was not a competition by any means, though I knew that meetings such as these often ended in a bloodied word battle sprayed along the walls of our respective herd lands. But that was not my technique nor would it ever be and so with my tensions caged within the pain of sickness and a growing exhaustion, I gathered myself to stand upright and face the two stallions with a little more integrity than I’d ever thought I could possess. Hiding my suffering had become a game that only I could play, but at least I was determined to win…

Though Torleik’s introduction only proved to solidify my assumptions of his residence, there was a sinking feeling in the pit of my gut that made a half scowl turn my lips towards the hell that wreaked havoc on my body and plagued my mind. I should have known that I would face opposition trying to pull a horned creature from the Threshold in the wake of the “Unicorn Supremacy” that flourished in the Basin. It had always been my assumption of course, considering I’d never heard as much from the lips of a Basin animal, but this incident cemented my beliefs without a trace of doubt… But civility had forsaken me and though I did not want to lose this meek, horned stallion to the land of ice and snow, there was clearly nothing I could do to avert his opinions of me and otherwise… “I am Thor of the World’s Edge. It is of a great kindness that I have met you Torleik.” Thought I felt weary and perhaps a bit uncertain, I turned my interest back to Cetan in the hopes of turning him away from the North. “I’d like nothing more than to extend an offer for your company back to the World’s Edge should you seek it. However, if you hold any doubt then I think it would be wise for me to take leave. The cold of winter does not spare even beasts like me…

At least part of what I had said was true. Though, I would never clarify of which sentiment that was…

Go on, save yourself
@[Torleik] @[Cetan]

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Not So Long A Winter - by Cetan - 11-09-2014, 12:08 PM
RE: Not So Long A Winter - by Thor - 11-09-2014, 02:49 PM
RE: Not So Long A Winter - by Cetan - 11-09-2014, 04:00 PM
RE: Not So Long A Winter - by Thor - 11-09-2014, 07:02 PM
RE: Not So Long A Winter - by Torleik - 11-09-2014, 07:13 PM
RE: Not So Long A Winter - by Cetan - 11-09-2014, 09:18 PM
RE: Not So Long A Winter - by Thor - 11-11-2014, 12:29 AM
RE: Not So Long A Winter - by Cetan - 11-12-2014, 05:42 PM