the Rift

[DROP] Gobbler Wars -- NS Common Companion

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

A voice snuck through the dark and cold, halting the taloned foot that was about to come scratching down upon the calcium shell containing the golden treat. The turkey's head shifted slowly, a curious, beady eye twisting towards the pegasus who arrived.

"Oh?" she asked softly, the word more of a cluck than any kind of language. Just as she was turning to regard this arrival, another came, smaller, but his voice strong as it echoed in the glowing caverns. Her feathers ruffled in excitement as he too claimed to help - to cook. Now she began a low, steady clucking under her breath; the arousal of her hunger. An egg was food, but it was not tasty, what could these boys offer she wondered.

Just as her beak parts to tell them exactly how they can help, a third makes himself known. Now the turkey nearly dances on her feet, such is her joy at so many willing chefs. Though, was something wrong with the golden one? It would be a shame if so, that wolf skin seemed to suggest he'd be rather adept at rustling up a fine, meaty meal. "Are you sure you're well enough dear?" she asked broodily, he head cocking sideways to better inspect him, though it was interrupted once more, and finally, by a strawberry girl. She yelled out, startling the turkey so that she let quip a squawk and ran back to her egg defensively.

Though this one too offered aid, and for that the turkey clucked approvingly, a curious gleam blitzing across her gaze. She turned to regard them all, pacing distinctly between them and her stored treasure. "My my, so many aspiring chefs I see. Why, how could I ever choose now!?" Feigning despair the hen fretted for a moment, but she was no actress and the ruse broke apart swiftly, her beak split with ill contained pleasure. "How about a friendly competition? Each of you can make me a dish... and we'll do it proper. Appetizer first, then the main course, and finally, dessert." She paused for a moment to appraise their reactions before continuing to traipse around, even more hungry than before now that the promise of food lay just at her wingtips.

"I'm not picky loves... but let's make it a bit more interesting, shall we? A second love of mine is classic fairy-tales, if you could combine them with the food, why, I'd be in hen-ven!"

You must create an appetizer dish inspired by classic fairy-tales!
You may choose one more ingredient to bring in for this round.
You are all given bread for this round.
You have 72 hours

Each contestant will proceed to the next round, which will be 3 phases. At the end of phase 3, whoever create the most delicious dishes will win. Deliciousness will be rated on how close you can adhere to whatever recipe you choose in each round, made with the ingredients at your disposal - and so long as the recipe qualifies the dish for the required course.

The turkey could perhaps be swayed with some artistic flare when it comes to how you tie in your inspiration and set up for your dish. Presentation does matter in the food world!

Bucephalis - your wishlist does not include a companion for the 30 day minimum, and you had already created it for magic, so that excludes the new character status. Unfortunately this means you will not be qualified to win the companion in this drop, nor can you count this thread as a refusal even with thread completion. You are still welcome to continue to post for the fun of it though, if you like.

regularjane | Quote: Thomas Moore

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gobbler Wars -- NS Common Companion - by Random Event - 11-15-2014, 03:02 AM