the Rift

[DROP] Gobbler Wars -- NS Common Companion

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk
Thranduil

Man that turkey could really stuff herself, the gold observed as she chowed down on the first course and could still come around with excited hunger at their main dishes. Still at least the feathered gal was easy to please. As she looked about their main courses though, the gold pinning his harks as she praised the others, he looked away to that egg. Even as she announced the last course the golden found himself barely listening, for his full attention for a moment was caught by whatever moved inside that egg. The call was growing stronger, wrapping more tentacles around his soul. The flapping feathers, and so the movement of the flies about his insides quickly brought him back, quiet miserably, to their competition. Head hanging low, getting over the most recent flutter of the flies the gold moves on, harks twitching at the constant noise.

What inspires him? The gold was not usually one to have a muse (there was Kahlua but ever since that storm in the field she was kept far from his thoughts). If you twisted the question (as the gold always seemed to do), then it could come to ask what inspired him to be what he was. That seemed more answerable, though with his lady gone there were not many to inspire mischief, except…Horned head turns to look at the small dark foal working away. Lip twisted in thought, but in the end, sticking it to the small creature through portraying his father in the negative way seemed more fitting to the gold’s personality anyway. Looking over at the egg once more the golden grins, but whatever moves in there does not send the same happy tidings. Oh well, time to get to work anyways. Nipping at his shoulder still covered in bites the gold sets to work.

Taking some of the chocolate pours it in a bowl and slides it near the fire pit to slowly melt. Then he takes the flour he brought and with it adds just a little bit of sugar. After his chocolate melts he adds it and a few eggs, and a bit of milk to the batch and stirs it. Pouring this into a pan shaped rock the gold slides it towards the fire pit and waits. When it seems set he dragged it out and sliced it. Pulling one of the pieces out he tastes it. The chocolate was certainly sweet enough to make the brownie enjoyable but without the full amount of sugar it comes across a little like a dark chocolate brownie, with a bitter (though not too bitter) chocolate taste. Still though, the brownie was a bit tough. Pausing on how to fix this the gold reaches first for a little more chocolate and melts it in the bowl again. Then he dips a rock in and letting the chocolate drip off he paints a grumpy face on one of the brownies. Perfect.

Oh but to add a bit of sweetness to balance out the dark chocolate brownie. Grabbing a bowl like rock he piles up in it mounds of vanilla ice cream, like snowy mountains, then takes his chocolate drizzled brownie and nestles it in the side. Happy with this he brings it to the turkey. “I am who I am by finding horses need my help. Those who are so self-absorbed and well, grumpy who need to be reminded of the wonders of the world.” Wonders such as chaos, laughter, and the puniness of themselves. “One such creature is a dark bitter, and grumpy lord in the north,” avoiding eye contact with the foal “Deimos, who here is my brownie. He lives in the northern mountains, shown with this ice cream. Though, I think at the moment the mountains are a bit colder than this ice cream. So enjoy this taste of the northern kingdom and feel what inspires me to bring my warm golden self there.” The gold forces out a small chuckle, and one hark shifts over to the colt, while the other presses towards the egg. He seriously hoped though this was the last. The effort of cooking the meals, even in the warmer climate was not helping the illness which had befallen him. To steal away with the egg and curl up in some warm back corner of the cave was now his own desire.

OOC :: Thanks for the drop! It was indeed fun, but really challenging too!

Looking for a Ceryndr with Dark Mist
Wishlist
Refusal 1
Refusal 2

Previous:: Corn, chicken eggs, Sugar, Flour, Beans, Milk, Carolina Reaper Pepper
Given This Round:: Chocolate
Additional this Round:: Ice Cream

Made:: A Hot Fudge Brownie Sunday! A dark chocolate tasting brownie with a grumpy face in hot fudge dripped on rests on a pile of mountainous ice cream.

Also, Heather and I were talking about this earlier and I didn't want to mention it in my post because I don't want 'points' for it but just for the laughs, this desert it called, "Death by Chocolate". ;D

"Speech"

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the waterspout.
Down came the rain
and washed the spider out.
Image credit.

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gobbler Wars -- NS Common Companion - by Thranduil - 11-25-2014, 10:16 AM