the Rift

[OPEN] Mind Games (4)
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Something about this vibrant spirit Ophelia had seen singing on the island was lost, seemingly wrapped beneath a vale, a haze of apathy. She narrowed her gaze slightly, as if the thin focus could aide in her scrutiny of Kahlua. Her black lips repeated the name Mirage, obviously someone familiar, and the association had earned her an invitation. Cloven hooves crossed the imaginary threshold, borders formed only in the mind, and she moved closer, inward, following the painted queen. "Thank you," she said.

Tinek was enjoying himself with the young, feathered dragon, showing off his regal skills with a light snowfall. The slender, scaled beast snickered at the blue's youthful inability to produce any magic at the opening of his jaws and growled when he was chased. With a final scrape of his claws in the earth, he inhaled deeply, expanding his ribs with air. On the exhale, he bellowed a powerful snowstorm, icing one side of a tree. A spark tickled on the end of the breath, making a loud crackle.

Ophelia rolled her eyes, recognizing the sound instantly, rarely ever startled by such noise. While she was able to easily ignore their antics, she was captivated by the trinkets in the basket, amused by the music box that sangs its lovely melody. Kahlua's attention seemed to move back when Phi asked about them, interested to know that the Engineer of the basin could make more than just machines of war. She felt badly that his son was gone; he had a soft side, she could tell.

The rock, however, was another beauty entirely. Inspired by the beauty, she watched in rapt fascination as Kahlua found a rock. Ophelia's gaze never wavered as the magician breathed her magic to life within the solid stone. It flickered. Hummed. Grew. Then, the rock bloomed to life like a flower in spring, glowing brightly. Then, to further her surprise, the stone was offered freely. "I do not think such beautiful magic needs explanation," she said in awe. "Thank you, for the gift."

She had no way to carry the rock except in her mouth, so Tinek flew downward, grabbing it and keeping it carefully wrapped under a forepaw. "I am afraid I do not have much to offer in return." Her gifts were more selfish in nature, bent toward stealing and knowing. "But, you seem... distant, if I may be so... prying," she said. "Especially for a Queen of such a beautiful land. Why is that?"

Art by: equusamor @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Mind Games (4) - by Ophelia - 11-12-2014, 04:13 PM
RE: Mind Games (4) - by Kahlua - 12-02-2014, 01:35 PM
RE: Mind Games (4) - by Ophelia - 12-03-2014, 01:40 AM
RE: Mind Games (4) - by Kahlua - 12-06-2014, 08:18 PM
RE: Mind Games (4) - by Ophelia - 12-08-2014, 11:31 PM
RE: Mind Games (4) - by Kahlua - 12-09-2014, 10:32 PM
RE: Mind Games (4) - by Ophelia - 12-11-2014, 02:13 PM
RE: Mind Games (4) - by Kahlua - 12-12-2014, 10:57 PM
RE: Mind Games (4) - by Ophelia - 12-19-2014, 02:28 PM
RE: Mind Games (4) - by Kahlua - 12-29-2014, 11:57 PM