the Rift

Pastel Promises

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu
I am a dark stain on the paper of the world. Moving, rolling, trudging against the canvas of the world, smearing my blackness as I go. The inky substance that patters off me like rain is quickly absorbed into the snow, some kind of demented icee flavor which I wouldn't suggest tasting. I shiver as the ice tugs at my fetlocks and snags at my tail, the wet brush that paints my path behind me. Still, it's better than rain.

I stop to catch my breath; it rolls in clouds from my nose and I watch it with a boyish curiosity. The body of a tree takes my weight for the time being, which isn't saying much given my sorry shape. Though always thin I am particularly skeleton now - I am not well suited for the wilds, though I have been built for survival, as much as I sometimes wish I wasn't. At nights I ponder curling up in the snow and never waking up, but every morning there I stand, awake. Awake and miserable.

I shake my head, snow falling from it like dandruff.
Maybe it was dandruff, I hadn't bathed in a while...

I yawn, night fitting over the sky like a blanket, one which I could snuggle under, or at least, hide in a little bit better. The trees shield some of the moonlight, helping me sink into the shadows, but there's no denying my contrast against the realm's winter coat. It's not safe here, though I wonder just where safe is because I've never found it.

This place was definitely familiar to me though. Had I been here before?
Rain flashes to my mind, a yellow girl and a washed out dragon (me).
Dragon, dragon, dragon... Unbidden one flits from my mane, a heart trailing behind it after my tail. I watch my subconscious artwork, as perplexed as ever when my past tries to communicate with me. Is it a sign this place isn't safe, that dragons are here? My heart hammers at the thought and I sink deeper against the tree as my artwork disperses like dark rain.

I should go on, but I'm so tired, so hungry. Surely I can wait just a little bit longer. Anxiously I start to gnaw on the bark. It's flavorless, but it's something.

Possibly interested in Falls or Edge!
Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Pastel Promises - by Ink - 11-13-2014, 07:35 PM
RE: Pastel Promises - by Ghost - 11-15-2014, 06:27 PM
RE: Pastel Promises - by Ink - 12-08-2014, 11:55 PM
RE: Pastel Promises - by Ghost - 12-15-2014, 07:47 AM
RE: Pastel Promises - by Ink - 12-20-2014, 10:02 PM
RE: Pastel Promises - by Rei - 01-02-2015, 11:02 PM
RE: Pastel Promises - by Ghost - 01-19-2015, 07:24 PM
RE: Pastel Promises - by Ink - 01-26-2015, 10:08 PM