the Rift

Pastel Promises

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu
[ONCE UPON A TIME I HAD A LIFE WHERE I COULD DRAW THINGS. WHERE DID THAT LIFE GO?!?! D: Ink I'm sorry I fail you so T_______T]

Her beauty is only paled by her vigor, which in turn was dwarfed by her intelligence. My gaze turned, faintly stunned and fully warmed, towards the speckled mare that called my name so easily. The way it slipped from her lips sent a quiver through my spine. Somewhere behind me my ink drew blossoming flowers; so akin to my heart.

This could even be considered a date, all things considered. We did eat after all... even if she "paid" for it.

Surely I would seem crazy then for allowing my attention to be drawn towards the equally black bodied mare as she prepared her departure. Manners it would seem, my glance little more than a silent farewell bidden to one of decent enough company, but then what of the step or two I took towards her receding back? Was it the unseen, un-smelled sensation of promised food that she proffered in her retreat? If not that, perhaps the allure of fellow artists, ones perhaps like the speckled girl at my hoof? How could that even prove tempting though, the hollow, invisible promises of faeries when when already stood next to me, whole and real and simply delightful?

It was true she had offered me a home, a place, something I was looking for even if I myself wasn't aware of it. Yet hadn't Rei offered me so much more, in her own ways? As if to answer this query my slender neck turned, flowing like a curtain as my nose swiveled back towards her. I watched her for a moment, as silent as ever, only an audible breath or two pressing from my body in that span of time.

I was torn. On the one hoof, a girl with whom I could share many things with apparent ease. We barely knew each other, yet I felt as if that didn't matter. On the other hoof though, the promise of food and art and shelter, all wrapped up in the challenging mystique of Ghost. I had been a spy in my last life for a reason, even if I didn't know as much yet, that part of me still a haze, but my mannerisms more or less unchanged. She was like the dragon queen I served in several ways, and she exuded the career path I had fit so well.

A path I was not so keen on walking down again, but one that called me all the same.

I turned my head back towards the space where she had stood. If I didn't choose soon I'd lose her, but more than that, the invitation would be gone as well, adrift on the wind of her passing. I hated to deny myself so cruelly - weren't there enough other horses who would do the same for me, need it really be myself? There was no mistaking it though, my heart was set even if it ripped apart.

I spared a glance at Rei, drifting towards her on quick, easy steps. Gently my nose reached out to bump her shoulder, a token of our kinship. As I moved, so too did my tail, its ink splashing against the snow and creating a burst of flowers that bloomed all around her, around us. I wanted us to bloom too.

I smiled, crooked and goofy, before pulling away from her with one last puff of air. With that, I turn and fled into the foods, sprinkling ink drops as I went like a wounded artist.

[GAH IM SORRY I JUST DON'T WANT 2 CHARS IN THROAT <3333 @[Rei] ]
Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Pastel Promises - by Ink - 11-13-2014, 07:35 PM
RE: Pastel Promises - by Ghost - 11-15-2014, 06:27 PM
RE: Pastel Promises - by Ink - 12-08-2014, 11:55 PM
RE: Pastel Promises - by Ghost - 12-15-2014, 07:47 AM
RE: Pastel Promises - by Ink - 12-20-2014, 10:02 PM
RE: Pastel Promises - by Rei - 01-02-2015, 11:02 PM
RE: Pastel Promises - by Ghost - 01-19-2015, 07:24 PM
RE: Pastel Promises - by Ink - 01-26-2015, 10:08 PM