the Rift

Warriors convene!

Aure Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

AURE</style>
            oh, mirror in the sky, what is love?</style>

My ears flicked back at the sound of Azzuen’s summons. I looked down at my children, knowing I could not leave them, resigning that I would simply take Adoxa and Tares would bring Alisier. My sons had decided to follow the path of the medic, a peaceful and safe path that warmed my heart and stilled my nerves. My sons would be safe from the casualties of battle, they would be there to heal my love or I if we fell to the hooves of enemies. I smiled and coaxed Adoxa along, slightly irritated that he was not old enough to fly. Neige yipped happily from my back, jumping to Adoxa’s to give him a bit of extra encouragement. I laughed at my charge; she was cheerful and not easily deterred, full of love and light. Her green eyes glowed with the will to protect my family and myself to the best of her tiny ability. Her spunk and feistiness light my heart.

I was eager to learn how to train to be a proper soldier, knowing I was green in the area of fighting. All I knew was my desire to protect my herd and family with, so be it, my life. I wondered briefly if I could handle watching my sweet Tares fight for her life and the lives of our herd mates. I approached the dark stallion who had called the meeting with a small dip of my head in respect. I saw that fellow soldiers had already arrives, including my dear friend Andash, sporting a new, wonderful wing. He must have gotten it from the gods; I was happy for the ghostly stallion who always wanted to fly. I spotted his other gift: a puffin companion. I smiled brightly, walking over to him, the little dark colt glued to my side with Neige sitting comfortably on his back."Andash, it is quite lovely to see you with your new wing! This is my son, Adoxa, who I promised you would meet. When Tares arrives, you shall meet her and Alisier, our other son." Close by to the newly winged stallion, was the golden brute, Midas, whom I had met by the lake shortly after I met my Tares. Another peculiar pegasus stood nearby, his blue jay feathers adorning his tail, winged and horned to my surprise. The empty look on the blue-jay like peg’s face saddened me, like he had lost all will to live…The stallion rose above the small cluster, pledging his life to the battle by Azzuen’s side. My heart sank for him, and I nuzzled my son to my side, Neige hopping back up onto my withers. Another golden stallion with a crescent moon star on his side had arrived upon Azzuen’s call. My mind whirled at all of these soldiers, and I worked my way up to Azzuen. "Hello, Azzuen. It is nice to see you again, even if it is under these circumstances. I am prepared to fight for my herd, as I know my mate is too. Though, I am afraid that I have not much experience with fighting in the traditional sense. Training will benefit me greatly. "

image by safetylast @ flickr.com</style>

Messages In This Thread
Warriors convene! - by Ázzuen - 09-04-2012, 03:15 AM
RE: Warriors convene! - by Jaydan - 09-04-2012, 09:16 PM
RE: Warriors convene! - by Midas - 09-06-2012, 07:50 AM
RE: Warriors convene! - by Leander - 09-06-2012, 10:49 AM
RE: Warriors convene! - by Andash - 09-06-2012, 01:26 PM
RE: Warriors convene! - by Ázzuen - 09-10-2012, 07:21 AM
RE: Warriors convene! - by Jaydan - 09-10-2012, 11:34 AM
RE: Warriors convene! - by Midas - 09-11-2012, 10:31 AM
RE: Warriors convene! - by Aure - 09-11-2012, 11:30 AM
RE: Warriors convene! - by Hector - 09-11-2012, 03:25 PM