the Rift

[PRIVATE] I've been gone for so long....

Kirah Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
And how I've missed you...

The winds are howling, crying to the sun, or the moon, whichever is peering down at the earth with watery eyes. They call those who wander, they call those who are lost, they even call the ones who have no name. They carry stories too, ancient and new, fresh gossip, or tales of old. Some stories are preserved in their grasp. When these stories disappear from the face of the earth, they are cherished in the hearts of the wild winds. The thing is, there are very few who listen.

I walk slowly, my back to these exact winds. Flecks of white dapple my back before being swept away, and they get caught in the length of my ebony locks. The ground is awkward and uneven, and I stumble every now and then as I trudge through the snow. I've never known winter like this. The snow layers the ground, rather thick, and the white substance cracks and breaks under my weight. A sigh slips through my grey nostrils; I'm almost at the treeline. The cold has reaped the trees of their greenery, leaving them saddened and bent to the wind, but they still provide shelter, none the less.

The winds are settling, and the snow stops drifting down from the vast grey of the sky. It should be alright now, and I bring myself to a standstill next to a large oak, still standing proud. I don't know why I'm up here, honestly.

The falls just get a little lonely sometimes. Another sigh heaves my barrel. Company is not hard to find, good company is a little harder, but to find a friend, that is what my heart yearns for. Someone to learn from, and teach sometimes, someone to laugh with and brave the cold winter nights. Someone that I can flee to when danger looms, and someone I can protect when they are in fear. But, a friend is hard to find.

The only thing left from the icy winds is a gentle breeze now, and I hang my head and shift my weight. And so I stand there, resting, for I am a bit tired, and a little sad. But most of all, I'm a little lonely.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Miykael]
Notes;; Sorry, this is overdue :)

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image

Messages In This Thread
I've been gone for so long.... - by Kirah - 11-15-2014, 11:47 PM
RE: I've been gone for so long.... - by Miykael - 11-19-2014, 03:10 AM
RE: I've been gone for so long.... - by Kirah - 11-20-2014, 03:29 AM
RE: I've been gone for so long.... - by Miykael - 12-10-2014, 02:01 AM
RE: I've been gone for so long.... - by Kirah - 12-14-2014, 04:53 AM
RE: I've been gone for so long.... - by Miykael - 01-05-2015, 02:52 PM