the Rift

[PRIVATE] I've been gone for so long....

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie

Lonely hearts cry out for each other, yearning and pleading, across great distances and sometimes even close to home. He had clung to Alysanne, of that there was no doubt, but in doing so he had sheltered himself from anyone and everyone else. Aside from her, he had his beloved companion and few acquaintances. Friends are extremely difficult to come by, especially when one isn't really searching. When it became perfectly clear that Aly would never see him as anything deeper than a brother, something in him changed. His heart began to yearn for companionship elsewhere. He would always love her, in ways that would never be reciprocated, and he could neither help nor alter those feelings. They just exist. But they no longer satisfy him the way they used to.

Having resigned himself to never finding the kind of love and partnership that his parents have, hope for something completely different began to surface. Hope for a friend to talk to and laugh with; without the burden of unrequited love weighing one (or both) down. Having already experienced such pains, he refused to go through that again. Refused, perhaps, to ever love again. Once the sun was high in the sky, situated comfortably amongst the cloudless blue, he tucked his wings to help shield against the wind and shifts into a steady trot heading east. The night dark bird, his beloved Eliana, follows overhead - the silver flecks sparkling beneath the bright sunshine.

His dark hooves crunch through the snow with relative ease; he had grown accustomed to winters like this over the years. Having no particular destination in mind, he simply followed his and Eliana's whim or perhaps the winter winds told him where to go. Whatever the case may be, he found himself climbing upwards. He is heading straight for the golden fields near the Foothills. The last time he had been in the Heavenly Fields, he had found Parelia severely wounded. At the time, he hadn't had his healing magic but he didn't leave her side. Even though that particular visit ended well, he sincerely hoped he wouldn't discover anyone else potentially bleeding to death. With a soft, almost nervous, sigh he weaves through the trees and makes his way higher.

Soon the trees begin to thin, allowing Eliana to fly lower. The dark zephyr sees the figure by the large, leafless oak tree before he did. She coos softly to him, her silver eyes softening. The stranger, Eliana thought, looked lonely. Flying back to circle her companion once, she then leads the way to the large oak tree where she lands and settles herself in amongst the thick branches. Miykael slows to a careful walk as he nears the tree, approaching cautiously with the intent to avoid startling the other. He slows to a stop several feet or so from her - for he could see now that the figure is a mare - and whickers warmly in greeting. "Care for some company?" he asks, pausing just long enough for his bright blue eyes to meet her eyes. "I'm Miykael and that's Eliana." he offers, bumping his nose upwards, briefly, in the direction of the dark bird. His voice is deep but warm and friendly. Deep in his eyes, however, his loneliness is clear.

@[Kirah]

you tried hiding another you,
but your evil was coming through

image by sara vay at flickr
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
I've been gone for so long.... - by Kirah - 11-15-2014, 11:47 PM
RE: I've been gone for so long.... - by Miykael - 11-19-2014, 03:10 AM
RE: I've been gone for so long.... - by Kirah - 11-20-2014, 03:29 AM
RE: I've been gone for so long.... - by Miykael - 12-10-2014, 02:01 AM
RE: I've been gone for so long.... - by Kirah - 12-14-2014, 04:53 AM
RE: I've been gone for so long.... - by Miykael - 01-05-2015, 02:52 PM