the Rift

the planets last dance

Ayleid Posts: 8
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 3 years
Adoptable

What was I doing? Sure I knew I was in search of my homeland, Illomere, but I hadn't a clue on how to get there. It had been years since I stepped foot within its borders. It had been years since I had roamed its glowing forests that spread far and wide. It had been years since I had seen my family. Tears silently streaked down my cheeks as memories of old ricocheted against the walls of my mind. Tirelessly, they fought to escape the confines of my mind, but their attempts were futile. As my memories, they were forced to be remembered by me over and over again until the day I shall leave this plane and join the countless others who lived in the next life.

I dried my eyes and cheeks by rubbing my face upon my knees before moving into the forest before me and taking in my surroundings. Bare trees and snow covered branches were the only things that could be seen upon the horizon. As for the ground, an endless sea of frozen water calmly laid untouched, unsoiled, and glittered in the rays of light that filtered through the canopy. Though when I finally entered into the forest the demeanor seemed to change like the toss of a stone. Quick and sudden. The air became still. The soft creaking of the trees beneath the weight of the snow that I had expected wasn't there. In fact, the only audible sound within the area was the crunch of the snow beneath my own hooves. This place was eerily too quiet for my own mind. Then suddenly something caught my attention.

Why was everything seemingly darker all of a sudden?

Quickly I looked up towards the sky, my orange eyes struggling to grasp and discern the faint thin stripes of blue that seemed to hide between the thick veil of branches above me. It was still daylight out, so it couldn't have been because it was getting dark. So what was it?

While I tried to figure out why exactly, my legs still carried my lithe body deeper into this forest until I came upon a small frozen over body of water. It was only by chance that I looked into the natural mirror, but when I did my eyes grew wide. My legs stumbled as I tried to move back away from the ice, and I managed to fall to the ground while doing so. Eyes darted to and fro and my breaths became rapid and shallow as shock ran through me.

I had changed.

My body that had once flickered and glowed like a flame was no more, and most of my markings...it was almost as if they never existed. Tears threatened to spill from behind my eyelids. Quickly, I got up and ran. I didn't have any idea as to where I was running, but I ran because I didn't know what else to do. My family...how were they supposed to recognize me? They hadn't seen me since I was a yearling. And my friends back on Cimoron...would they even recognize me despite having only seen me a few months ago? Bellantine. A choked sob fought its way up my throat as I thought about the one soul that I had grown to love deeper than I had ever intended. Would he recognize me, the love of his life, or would he pass me off for somebody else if I were to ever return?

What had I done?

My body came to a stop in a small grove of large, old trees in a circular fashion. Every muscle in me trembled out of grief, out of loneliness, out of fear. Yes, fear. I hadn't a clue as to what the future would now hold, but after a few minutes of my mind scrambling thoughts together I knew two things. I couldn't go home to Illomere and I couldn't go back to Cimoron. At least, I couldn't until I somehow found a way to look like I used to once more.

I took a quick glance at my surroundings and questions coarsed through my brain. Where was I? What was this place? Were there others who lived here? And if so where were they and would they know what happened to me? None of these questions had any answers that I could give so my only hope was that a native of this land would happen to come across me in their travels. Deep inside I knew that this was probably unlikely...but it was my only chance and my only hope.

"Ayleid's speech"|"Ayleid's thoughts"

WORD COUNT;; 767
TAGGED;; nobody in particular, she'll probably either go to the falls or the throat idk which one exactly.
OOC;; nada

AYLEID'S REF;; Click!
AYLEID'S VOICE;; Miranda Otto

Messages In This Thread
the planets last dance - by Ayleid - 11-16-2014, 07:23 PM
RE: the planets last dance - by Bucephalus - 11-16-2014, 10:08 PM
RE: the planets last dance - by Rhea - 11-16-2014, 11:03 PM
RE: the planets last dance - by Ayleid - 11-21-2014, 10:29 PM
RE: the planets last dance - by Bucephalus - 11-22-2014, 06:31 PM
RE: the planets last dance - by Rhea - 11-22-2014, 07:34 PM
RE: the planets last dance - by Ayleid - 11-23-2014, 04:59 PM
RE: the planets last dance - by Bucephalus - 11-27-2014, 01:06 AM