the Rift

the planets last dance

Ayleid Posts: 8
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 3 years
Adoptable

Murders?! A bit of panic fluttered within my chest for a while. With my lithe frame and distaste for physical violence, I wasn't much of a fighter by any means. That being said, if I were to be ambushed and attacked by a murderous being...I wouldn't stand a chance. Shudders coursed up and down my spine as I thought about the very outcome that would likely happen if I would have to fight for my life, but I shook my thoughts and the shudders away as I focused once more on Rhea and Bucephalus.

Good advice. Rhea's words caused my head to snap in her direction. She was commenting on Bucephalus' notations about not going off alone, though hadn't she already said that? But instead of bringing up the obvious, I just kept my thoughts to myself. No need to be putting bitter thoughts about me in someone else's mind.

I bit my lip as both Rhea and Bucephalus spoke about their herds. Dragon's Throat and Aurora Basin...though they called them simply as Throat and Basin. Perhaps I should start calling them by their shorthand as well?

“So both Throat and Basin have these healer positions?” I asked with a mixed look of contemplation and interest on my face. If this was true, then I could go either way – so long as I was accepted into a healer position. At least I think that was where I would fit in best position wise.

Silently, what little hope I had shattered within me after Rhea brought up her response regarding Illomere. It really didn't come as a surprise that she didn't know about my homeland, but it still hurt all the same when I heard her physically say my suspicions. By Bucephalus' lack of acknowledging the issue, I took it that he also didn't know of Illomere.

“I feared that that might be your answer,” I resigned with a disheartened sigh before trying to look on towards the brighter side of things. Rhea had offered to discover Helovia together since she was rather new. She honestly reminded me of my friend Jolie from Cimoron. Jolie was the first person I came across there and offered to show me around everywhere. Last time I was given the choice of exploring with someone else, they had become one of my closest friends. Perhaps this was a sign that I was supposed to go with Rhea?

With my eyes looking at the ground, I considered my options. I could go with Rhea to this Basin herd. Or I could go with Bucephalus to this Dragon's Throat. Then I had an epiphany from watching the snow shift beneath me. I could start out in one herd and if I grew to dislike it, I could simply switch to a different herd. Who knows, maybe I would know more about this place and be able to make a better decision based upon what I learn?

I raised my gaze to the two that were standing before me. First I looked over to Bucephalus, he seemed nice enough but I think I was going to try for the same outcome as the past, “Perhaps we can keep in touch and grow to be friends?” I said to him, hoping that he wouldn't take offense for me probably wasting his time. Then I looked to Rhea, “The offer to explore together has worked out well for me in the past, perhaps it will again? I'd love to take you up on that offer.”

A new light lit within me. I may look different. I may be in a new land and not know anything about it. I may not be any more closer to my homeland than I was before. But I would surely not be short of friends. Not in Cimoron, not in Illomere, and certainly not here in Helovia.

"Ayleid's speech"|"Ayleid's thoughts"

WORD COUNT;; 646
TAGGED;; @[Bucephalus] , @[Rhea]
OOC;; oddly enough Ayleid has chosen the Basin I guess. Sorry Tribs, I know I said she'd probably go either throat or falls, but Nickel somehow stumbled upon a similar offering that has worked well for Ayleid in the past. So she's gonna take a chance on something she's already experienced. lol

AYLEID'S REF;; Click!
AYLEID'S VOICE;; Miranda Otto

Messages In This Thread
the planets last dance - by Ayleid - 11-16-2014, 07:23 PM
RE: the planets last dance - by Bucephalus - 11-16-2014, 10:08 PM
RE: the planets last dance - by Rhea - 11-16-2014, 11:03 PM
RE: the planets last dance - by Ayleid - 11-21-2014, 10:29 PM
RE: the planets last dance - by Bucephalus - 11-22-2014, 06:31 PM
RE: the planets last dance - by Rhea - 11-22-2014, 07:34 PM
RE: the planets last dance - by Ayleid - 11-23-2014, 04:59 PM
RE: the planets last dance - by Bucephalus - 11-27-2014, 01:06 AM
RE: the planets last dance - by Rhea - 11-27-2014, 01:54 AM