the Rift

If I'm Lost, It's Only for a Little While

Nessus Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Nessus still stood there, under the tree, absorbed in his thoughts. He was so eerily motionless, one could have easily mistaken him as a statue. A voice broke his thoughts, shattering them like broken glass. Nessus whipped around to see another stallion, who was a unicorn, like himself. The stallion was black, powerfully muscled, with a mark on his face that, to Nessus, seemed almost like a wisp of smoke, curling gracefully upwards from a fire. Then Nessus noticed the other's horns. They're like the horns of a demon, almost, Nessus mused. There were even strange symbols, perhaps letters, on the horn. And then there were his eyes. Icy blue, they were, and it was almost as if he could see through you. Nessus felt a chill run down his spine. He stepped forward, keeping himself composed. You must show no emotion, nothing. You must not show weakness before others, Nessus thought inwardly to himself. Returning the stallion's gaze, Nessus spoke. "My name is Nessus. I do not have a home, nor a family to return to. Do you, perhaps, know of a place where I can stay?" It was then that Nessus noticed a smaller, unfamiliar creature near the other stallion. He stared at it quizzically. It smelled of bird, owl to be exact. But then there was also the smell of cat. The creature itself seemed to be a mixture of both. It had the head, wings, tail, and lethally sharp talons of an owl. It also had the velvet paws, snakelike tail, and agile body of a cat.

While Nessus was puzzling over this creature, someone else's voice distracted him. Looking up, he saw another stallion. A young one. This one was not obsidian black, like the other. He was a dappled grey in color. Silvery white floral vines curved upwards and around his legs. His eyes were silver, like Nessus's. "Pleased to make your acquaintance, Ciceron. My name is Nessus." Nessus's gaze then alighted upon another feline. This one was not exactly a cat, being more muscular than your average feline. It was white, as white as the snow around them, with jet black stripes running down its back. "And you must be Kiara," Nessus concluded. "Glad to meet you all."[/color]

Messages In This Thread
If I'm Lost, It's Only for a Little While - by Nessus - 11-17-2014, 12:04 PM
RE: If I'm Lost, It's Only for a Little While - by Nessus - 11-17-2014, 07:55 PM
RE: If I'm Lost, It's Only for a Little While - by Nessus - 11-28-2014, 09:21 PM