the Rift

[PRIVATE] Show Me, I'll Teach You

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca
"When I told you to dance..." I answered his question with a soft smile, shaking my head slightly. "I will not ask you to be still in my presence." His next question brought yet another smirk to my lips, eyeing him slyly as he teased me about closing his eyes. A light snort escaped from my nares, showing the slightest bit of impatience as I waited for him to do as I asked. "I will follow your moves, I have no doubt that you have the skills to do so with your eyes closed. Plus, then you cannot see me fall." When the stallion lowered his crown to reach mine, I felt the heat of my blood rushing to my cheeks once again. Hiding beneath my forelock, I took a single step backward shyly. What the hell was wrong with me?

Auds pricked at his playful questions, chuckling slightly at his claim of 'innocence' and the risk of my taking it. 'Innocence, my ass... The thought crossed my mind, however I kept it to myself. A sneaking suspicion told me that neither one of us would be able to claim our innocence, as sins could come in many different forms. I knew without a doubt that I was guilty of sin, and was always at risk of repeating them...But, I kept it my response as lightly as I could. Which, let's be honest, was not going very well at all. As the stallion grinned and at last closed his eyes, a surge of courage (among other emotions) swept over me as I leaned closer to him "Well, then I guess you'll have to trust me just a little bit after all..." With a small laugh, I pulled away again as I looked up to the skies.

I sighed as the wind picked up, swaying my body while my own eyes closed for a moment. Never had I attempted to sing the songs I knew as a child, especially anywhere within earshot of another. I cringed at the thought of butchering the melody, but I knew I would have to keep my promise. Too late to go back now. "Listen, let your heartbeat become your metronome...The winds playing on the sand, rough until the sands are lifted to the skies, your tamborine. The crickets, your strings...The buzzing beedles, play a rythm all their own. The coyote, she sings to use in her native tongue..." I was having a difficult time trying to explain what could be what, and I stopped my swaying as I peeked a glance towards Bucephalus to make sure his eyes were still closed. Even I felt like this wasn't going anywhere, surely I sounded like a lunatic for imagining the creatures and desert as instruments of music. "While alone, they may only sound like noise...It's not until you listen to them together, that they sing." With that, I stepped closer slightly to brush my shoulder against his wing, signaling for him to join in whenever he felt comfortable.

The only way I would truly be able to release the song from the desert background was through my own voice now...Lightly I began to hum, resuming my swaying to keep time, closing my eyes to listen to the desert join in as music.

"I stood out here once before
With my head held in my hands,
For all that I had known of this place
I could never understand.

On the hills the fires burned at midnight,
Superstition plagued the air,
Sparks fly as the fires burn at midnight,
the stars are out and magic is here...

I wished on the seven sisters,
Bring to me wisdom of age,
All that's locked within the book of secrets,
I longed for the knowledge of the sage...

On the hills the fires burned at midnight,
Stars are out and magic is here,
The stars are out and magic is here...

So, the sisters smiled to themselves,
And they whispered as they shone,
And it was from that very instant,
I knew I would never be alone.

While on the hills
The fires burned at midnight,
Stars are out and magic is here,
the stars are out and magic is here..."

The words escaped my lips in a soothing voice, slow and melodic as I timed the song with the crickets and winds. Garnet optics opened to watch the stallion beside me, ready to mimic his moves whenever the music could take him away.

OOC: Lyrics from "Fires at Midnight" by Blackmore's Night
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.

Messages In This Thread
Show Me, I'll Teach You - by Morrigan - 11-17-2014, 10:45 PM
RE: Show Me, I'll Teach You - by Bucephalus - 11-17-2014, 11:13 PM
RE: Show Me, I'll Teach You - by Morrigan - 11-18-2014, 12:03 AM
RE: Show Me, I'll Teach You - by Bucephalus - 11-18-2014, 01:04 AM
RE: Show Me, I'll Teach You - by Morrigan - 11-18-2014, 02:10 AM
RE: Show Me, I'll Teach You - by Bucephalus - 11-18-2014, 12:07 PM
RE: Show Me, I'll Teach You - by Morrigan - 11-18-2014, 05:48 PM
RE: Show Me, I'll Teach You - by Bucephalus - 11-18-2014, 06:12 PM
RE: Show Me, I'll Teach You - by Morrigan - 11-18-2014, 11:02 PM
RE: Show Me, I'll Teach You - by Bucephalus - 11-19-2014, 06:29 PM
RE: Show Me, I'll Teach You - by Morrigan - 11-19-2014, 09:56 PM