the Rift

[PRIVATE] Show Me, I'll Teach You

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca
As the stallion began to move to my lyrics, my gaze fell to his hooves, body swaying as I watched him throughout the first chorus. Slowly, I attempted to mimic him, occasionally stumbling over small bumps in the sand and stepping on my tail. By the time the second chorus had finished, my footsteps grew more graceful, muscle memory recognizing and predicting how to move my hooves without tripping. This time, I accidentally when the opposite direction of where I was supposed too, and quickly I tried to correct myself as I danced parallel to Bucephalus. Auds pricked as he picked up the tune, humming along as I provided the lyrics. With the third chorus, I was successfully able to replicate and mirror the stallion's steps. A broad, proud smile spread across my lips as he opened his eyes, pleased with my progress.

Many stars were long forgotten,
Many faded and became ghosts,
Still my sisters glittered down from heaven,
Always there when I needed them most...

And on the hills
The fires burned at midnight,
Superstition plagued the air,
Sparks fly as the fires burn at midnight,
Stars are out and magic is here,
The stars are out and magic is here..."

Throughout the last part of the chorus, we had begun to move as one. There was no him and I, only two halves of a whole dancing perfectly in time and rhythm. As though the earth itself wanted to join in on the fun, the winds began to pick up, the sound of the sands rushing across the ground growing louder. Wisps of sandy dust rose in twirl tendrils around us, joining us in the dance as the tempo began to increase. The crickets chirped enthusiastically, the beetles joined in fervently, and the desert came alive with our dance. As the song picked up, with an intermission that lacked any words, I felt my confidence rise. With a giggle, I broke away from the precise moves that I had been mirroring ever so slightly. I used the same motions that the stallion had taught me, though now I danced around him to the other side while continuing to hum the tune where the words fell. Carried away with the joyous dance, the sounds of nature pushing us on, I could not help but laugh while I danced around him. Never before had I felt such fun! My tassle flicked against his chest as I twisted around before settling down on the opposite side that I had joined him and falling back into routine.

"I stood out here once before
With my head held in my hands,
For all that I had known of this place
I could never understand.

On the hills the fires burned at midnight,
Superstition plagued the air,
Sparks fly as the fires burn at midnight,
Stars are out and magic is here,
The stars are out and magic is here
The stars are out and magic is here
The stars are out and magic is here..."

As the tempo came to a slow, my sides heaving with the adrenaline now pumping through my veins, I watched him closely. I didn't know how to end the dance...So, as he relied on me to provide the tempo, I relied on him to provide the closure. As the dance slowed to a stop, the last lyric flowing off my lips, I could not fight back the smile that was plastered on my muzzle while I watched the graceful stallion.
"The stars are out, and magic is here..." With the song finished, I lowered my crown in an elegant bow, extending my right foreleg while tucking the left beneath my chest.

OOC: Final lyrics of "Fires at Midnight" by Blackmore's Night
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.

Messages In This Thread
Show Me, I'll Teach You - by Morrigan - 11-17-2014, 10:45 PM
RE: Show Me, I'll Teach You - by Bucephalus - 11-17-2014, 11:13 PM
RE: Show Me, I'll Teach You - by Morrigan - 11-18-2014, 12:03 AM
RE: Show Me, I'll Teach You - by Bucephalus - 11-18-2014, 01:04 AM
RE: Show Me, I'll Teach You - by Morrigan - 11-18-2014, 02:10 AM
RE: Show Me, I'll Teach You - by Bucephalus - 11-18-2014, 12:07 PM
RE: Show Me, I'll Teach You - by Morrigan - 11-18-2014, 05:48 PM
RE: Show Me, I'll Teach You - by Bucephalus - 11-18-2014, 06:12 PM
RE: Show Me, I'll Teach You - by Morrigan - 11-18-2014, 11:02 PM
RE: Show Me, I'll Teach You - by Bucephalus - 11-19-2014, 06:29 PM
RE: Show Me, I'll Teach You - by Morrigan - 11-19-2014, 09:56 PM