the Rift

[OPEN] pushed away, i'm pulled toward

Arya Posts: 50
Hidden Account
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 2
Minx
Arya
He finally was taking her to the Frostbreath Steppe. After months of nagging, Arya was getting to see the mysterious mountains that lay beyond her frosty home. With it being frostfall, the snow fell thick and the temperatures were below freezing. She clung to Déodat’s warmth. While they walked he told a story. This tale was of a lady knight. Arya could tell her father had made this one up on his own, for every moment or so he would pause. She appreciated his efforts for composing stories that appeased moreso to her taste. Male heroes were growing a tad bit boring as they seemed to dominate a vast majority of the good tales.

The child’s attention was pulled from her father’s story as they reached a peak. Evening was drawing in and auroras began to dance in the sky. Arya gasped and ran forward with Odette close behind. She stopped toward the edge and her eyes watched the lights. She could hear her father’s footsteps coming up behind her. She smiled and looked over her shoulder at him.

“It’s truly lovely, isn’t it?” He said, his focused on the sky above. Arya nodded her head briskly and pressed her side against her father’s. “We can’t linger for too long out here though. It’s grows late and I don’t think you mother would appreciate me keeping you out in the frostfall night air.”

A frown passed over her lips. There was far too much to see and she knew it was unlikely for her father to bring her beyond the Basin like this again for awhile. She sighed and closed her eyes. Both of her ears darted forward at the sound of growling. Arya eyes shot open and she looked down at Odette who stood a couple feet away now.

Her father grew tense. His head was turned toward the dog and Arya could see him scanning the hill line. The child stared with wide eyes and could feel her heart begin to patter a bit. In the distance she could see five figures slowly appear across hilltop.

“It’s time to go,” Déodat lightly rammed his shoulder into Arya making her stumble. Odette came along the rear of them as they went. The child could see her father turning his head over his shoulder multiple times as they went. “Arya, you’re going to run. Don’t look back and don’t wait for Odette or I. Head back to the Basin and find your mother.”

Arya looked at her father with wide eyes. Her mind drifted back to her mother who said she should fight. “No.”

“You’re my little princess, I don’t want any harm to come to you.” He said coming to a halt. Arya stopped and glowered at her father.

“I am not your little princess,” she spat. “I am strong like you. Mama taught me to fight not run.” Arya met his gaze with a challenging fire in them. His reaction took her completely by surprise. Both of his ear slammed against his skull and he glowered down at her with a look of burning rage.

“I said run, so, RUN!” He screamed, practically in her face. What she didn’t know as the ruse he had put on. It wasn’t anger that drove him to scream but love. This was something she would maybe see someday later.

Arya would obey. She would turn and she would run with tears forming in her eyes. Why wouldn’t her father believe in her like her mother did? Why didn’t he give her the chance to be like the heroes from his stories? Surely they could defeat whoever was coming after them with ease.

As the distance grew between her and her father she dared a lance over her shoulder. The five unicorns had come upon him and Odette. Then she saw one of them charging after her. She skidded her hooves into the snow and would turn to face him. Arya wouldn’t run. She would stand tall as her mother taught her. She reared as the stallion came toward her and he stopped and simply laughed.

“You aren’t more than a little girl!” He shook his head and gave out a gruff laugh. “We can’t have witnesses though.” Arya stared at him with a hard expression as he came at her with his horn. She jerked her neck back but she felt a deep gash form across her neck. The child would step back from the stallion and stare into his face. It was a man that did this. A man callously slashed her throat and potentially killed her father and her friend Odette. The stallion watched as she stumbled back before turning and leaving. He believed his work was done.

She would run. She would near the Basin’s border before she could move no more. She would fall into the snow and shiver. She would give out one final cry before she shut her eyes and fell into unconsciousness.

[Basically an explanation for Déo while he is in AA and a way for Arya to figure out she's immortal. Open for anyone]
If I look back, I am lost
Image Credit | Table by Sevin

• tag in opening posts only 
• violence/magic is permitted. maiming/death is not without prior permission

Messages In This Thread
pushed away, i'm pulled toward - by Arya - 11-19-2014, 07:06 PM
RE: pushed away, i'm pulled toward - by Glacia - 11-20-2014, 08:23 PM
RE: pushed away, i'm pulled toward - by Hotaru - 11-22-2014, 02:01 AM
RE: pushed away, i'm pulled toward - by Arya - 11-24-2014, 02:28 AM
RE: pushed away, i'm pulled toward - by Lena - 12-09-2014, 07:00 PM
RE: pushed away, i'm pulled toward - by Glacia - 12-26-2014, 10:34 PM
RE: pushed away, i'm pulled toward - by Hotaru - 01-10-2015, 06:22 PM