the Rift

[PRIVATE] Dig where a million diamonds wait

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs
How did he not notice she had bags already? Amusement crinkled his muzzle, and he flicked an ear at her words. Wings caught her off guard? If only she knew. "And you... unicorns, still catch me by surprise at times. In my homeland, there were naught but pegasi." And the sight of a horse without wings upon their shoulders still, and always would, send a note of mourning through the black.

Bucephalus followed her towards the cave, smiling at her hesitation. Good to know he wasn't alone. "Don't worry, it's not too dark near me." He gestured with a movement of his head towards the glowing bags around his body, resting a wing across her shoulder reassuringly before he walked past her into the dark of the cave. Okay, yeah, he was putting on a show of confidence he didn't feel. He'd seen the devastation a cave-in could cause, and was NOT eager to be a victim. The thought of being buried under dirt and stone, body left to rot deep beneath the earth.... it was appalling. If he was to die, he would prefer to die on the wing, so that the last thing he felt would be the wind against him.

Waiting for Alija to follow, the black walked deeper into the mine, hooves clopping on the rough-hewn floor beneath them. The glow of his bags lit the small tunnel rather well, or enough so that it wasn't pitch black. He glanced behind him at her, checking on her before he turned down a side tunnel towards where he had been working. There was already a considerable pile of rough ore he had drug up the day before. Today was just getting the metal out of the mine and up to the outside. Once he'd gathered enough, he could begin his task. And oh, did he look forward to it.

"If you need help, let me know." He told Ali, bending knee and opening a bag. Then he reached out and picked up a piece by the edge with his teeth, dropping it into one of the chest pouches. He did this until it was full, then moved onto the next one, saving the larger ore for the bags on his shoulders and the one on his back. Once all the smaller bags filled, he switched knees and grabbed a large piece, lifting the ore with a grimace. Okay, slender horse necks were not meant for this shit. But he bore it in silence, dropping the chunk in his bags.

Bucephalus
Word Count: 422 Tags: @[Alija]
CREDITS
Jello88.deviantart.com | Chunga-Stock.deviantart.com | Tumana-Strock.deviantart.com | XResch.deviantart.com | cooltext.com | Made by euphoraxio.deviantart.com | Table by Linds |

Pixel by Aud

Messages In This Thread
Dig where a million diamonds wait - by Alija - 11-21-2014, 02:53 AM
RE: Dig where a million diamonds wait - by Alija - 11-24-2014, 01:38 AM
RE: Dig where a million diamonds wait - by Alija - 12-04-2014, 02:19 AM
RE: Dig where a million diamonds wait - by Bucephalus - 12-04-2014, 06:59 PM
RE: Dig where a million diamonds wait - by Alija - 12-12-2014, 03:10 AM
RE: Dig where a million diamonds wait - by Alija - 12-27-2014, 05:45 AM
RE: Dig where a million diamonds wait - by Alija - 12-30-2014, 06:23 PM