the Rift

[PRIVATE] Silly Little Dreams (Thor)

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Thor the Gentle Heart

The warmth of the inner ledge made my skin shudder beneath my thick winter coat. But with the chill still clinging to my soul, I was content to ignore the blubbering mare whose protests were evident not only in her body language but in the way she glared at me as well. I supposed not everyone in Helovia possessed the gentle heart I’d been named for. But I could forgive her for being evasive; after all I’d invaded her accommodations and since she was quite the animal, space between us was limited. However, her foul mood was entertaining enough and evoked a soft chuckle from behind my charred lips. “Calm down friend, I’m sure you’re no stranger to the cold of the plains. What’s what saying…? Two great minds think alike, is it? Consider this a compliment- I commend you for your choice of shelter.” I smiled widely to the draft girl before sighing heavily as creeping warmth sparked to life from within. Whether I’d upset her or not, I needed a break from the Steppe.

However, I was not left to treasure my comforts for long because the mare had another agenda entirely. Shuffling aside, I allowed this White December to lumber past me towards a nearby tree, that was still hanging on to dear life in spite of the death winter had brought in her bag of atrocities. “Well, it’s nice to meet you December –mind if I call you December?” I watched as the draft angrily drew away into the plains, once again exposed to the nasty torrent of wind and snow. “I’m Thor by the way!” I hoped she could hear me above the screaming gale but I was still hugely amused by her bad temper as I yelled at her retreating rear end. It had been a while since I’d dealt with anyone quite like her... I guess you could say I found it refreshing.

While watching her snatch and chew a browned leaf or two, I shuffled in closer to the stone wall at the back of the overhang. If anything, I was going to guarantee my place here until I felt strong enough to return to the Edge later in the day. My body ached from illness and the cold but I’d be damned if I would let on to such weakness, at least not in the company of such a bitter creature. Good-naturedly I smiled at the mare from beneath the ledge while her large, iron-colored eyes gazed back at me with a viciousness that suggested a bit of resentment. “You’re welcome to come back when you’re ready!” Even though I dreaded her impending return, at least I’d gained something from my visit to the Steppe.

I’d discovered that I could face my fears.

As images of my attack came flooding back to the forefront of my mind, I nearly missed December’s attempts to unsettle me once again. However, she was testing what I considered to be a very steadfast sense of resolve that I’d acquired with age. But, I still took a moment to mull over the words I intended to share about my experience out there in the plains. I also didn’t intend to spare her any details; after all she’d been quite the ogress about everything until now. “If you really want to know… You see, it was out there on those very plains that I was assaulted by what appeared to be a ghostly entity. It blinded me with snow and ice and proceeded to physically punish me for reasons still unknown.” I looked at the mare with a look of severity that suggested that what I said was the truth. This was not some horror story meant to frighten young children… “After beating me relentlessly, a black smoke poured in from the mountains and infiltrated my entire body. I couldn’t breathe, couldn’t speak, and couldn’t even move to escape the thing. But… it infected me and now it appears it will be taking the wings straight from my back.

I smiled deviously to the mare hoping she would see that I could overcome her attempts to put me ill at ease. I’d seen my fair share of horrors and she was certainly not one of them.

Go on, save yourself

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Silly Little Dreams (Thor) - by December - 11-21-2014, 08:21 PM
RE: Silly Little Dreams (Thor) - by Thor - 11-22-2014, 12:13 AM
RE: Silly Little Dreams (Thor) - by December - 11-22-2014, 12:53 AM
RE: Silly Little Dreams (Thor) - by Thor - 11-23-2014, 03:34 PM
RE: Silly Little Dreams (Thor) - by December - 11-23-2014, 04:49 PM
RE: Silly Little Dreams (Thor) - by Thor - 11-26-2014, 10:06 PM
RE: Silly Little Dreams (Thor) - by December - 11-27-2014, 10:27 PM