the Rift

[PRIVATE] Silly Little Dreams (Thor)

December Posts: 144
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 6 (Frostfall) HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Carl :: Ccara Llama :: None Watermel0nBob

White December
and i go back to december all the time

He seemed particularly offended by her response to his question. She didn't really understand how her simply showing that she didn't mind how he addressed her would cause such a harsh response, but she took it in stride and let him be angry. If she were angry about something she would express it too, whether or not it was rude. It was what she had done earlier, and so she felt not pain when he shied away from her returning presence underneath the shelter. She watched as the flakes slowly fluttered on his rump and back, looking at him and speaking in the neutral tone of hers,"You seemed to have contradicted your intention of getting out of the snow. I may be large but there is still enough room for two."

She would suppose that was an offer of sorts, giving him the chance to return back under the shelter should he want to, but without asking or encouraging him to do so. He could do as he pleased, he was his own being after all and she would see no point in forcing him to do something he didn't wish to do. Lashing her tail delicately at her hocks, she watched his expression contort swiftly from her words, a laugh escaping him and a strained smile breaking onto his expression. She had somehow offended him again, how she wasn't sure this time. Was the whole wing thing much more sensitive than she had thought? She was only suggesting a helpful solution to what seemed like a serious problem, but Thor didn't see it that way.

She took the time to ponder his question, looking down at the stony ground free from snow to let her mind mull through the possible answers. Soon she had her answer, and she looked back at him with the utmost honesty,"Well, it depends if it were in my way or not. If it were hurting me and hindering me from functioning in everyday life then absolutely. I wouldn't want to cling onto something that was only holding me back from living life and functioning like I always would. So, if it needed to go then it would go. If it had no harm then it would stay."

Pausing, she took a brief glance into those dark eyes once again with her own, before continuing,"I've offended you. That wasn't my intention. It simply seemed that when you spoke of how those wings were damaged you were pained, and so I was only suggesting a means to rid yourself of that pain. Why hold on to something so painful when you can be free of it, remember it as it was and move on with your life." She looked back to the ground, trying to put her words together. She was never good at talking with others, and she felt she never would be. Social situations were a short circuit in her mind, causing her entire system to scream at her 'DOES NOT COMPUTE, DOES NOT COMPUTE'. It took her a moment to realize that she was trying to apologize, but she didn't really know how to say it properly, and so she looked back at him, speaking in a slightly softer tone,"I think I'm trying to apologize. Talking isn't my strong suit."

In that moment, she attempted a sincere expression, but she sort of looked like a confused, half smiling idiot. This was the first time she had ever admitted a flaw to anyone about herself, not because she thought she didn't have any, but because she had never gone so far as to try and... was it reach out? To someone in an attempt to mend a faulty encounter. She valued herself greatly, and never wanted others to see her was weak, for fear they would take advantage and hurt her more than she could ever hurt herself, and she valued what she had made for herself too much to risk that, even if it meant others found her unappealing to speak to. Some would find this arrogant, but she only thought of it as her feeling she was worth worrying about.

Messages In This Thread
Silly Little Dreams (Thor) - by December - 11-21-2014, 08:21 PM
RE: Silly Little Dreams (Thor) - by Thor - 11-22-2014, 12:13 AM
RE: Silly Little Dreams (Thor) - by December - 11-22-2014, 12:53 AM
RE: Silly Little Dreams (Thor) - by Thor - 11-23-2014, 03:34 PM
RE: Silly Little Dreams (Thor) - by December - 11-23-2014, 04:49 PM
RE: Silly Little Dreams (Thor) - by Thor - 11-26-2014, 10:06 PM
RE: Silly Little Dreams (Thor) - by December - 11-27-2014, 10:27 PM