the Rift

[OPEN] A Little Touch of Heavenly Light

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca
My dance had hardly been coming to a finale when a familiar voice interrupted, causing me to jump in surprise. Without even looking I knew that Bucephalus was standing behind me, and my ears pinned back while I shut my eyes tightly with embarrassment. Why the hell did he always have to startle me? With a sigh, my expression melted into one of pleasantries before looking back over my shoulder towards him, flashing a smile towards the Pegasus. "Stalking you? I thought I was alone, and you caught me off guard, I believe you would be the stalker." Turning fully around the face the stallion, he wasted no time in joining me at my side. It only felt natural for him to approach, for it was as though our bodies were magnets for each other. He was quickly becoming all I knew about Helovia, no matter where I went we seemed drawn towards one another.

Auds pricked to catch his words, all the while trying to think of what the unfamiliar word he had spoken moments ago meant. I could only assume that it meant something along the lines of lady, friend or something along the lines of that. It didn't sound very insulting. If it was, given the number of names that I had been called over the years, it would simply roll off my back like water droplets on a duck's feathers. Words hardly meant anything to me anymore, yet for some reason this stallion was able to use his voice to manipulate my reactions and emotions like they were made of clay. The ever recognizable sensation of blood rushing to my cheeks brought heat to my face as he spoke of my dance deserving to be in front of an audience. The laughter that bubbled from me was unstoppable, and i tucked my chin shyly. "I was practicing...After the fiasco of our last dance, I wanted to make sure I would not trip over my own mane again." Garnets gazed up coyly, wondering if he would catch on that I was hoping for the chance at another dance in the future, one where I would not become the fool and embarrass myself. Watching him, I became suddenly aware of tiny little things, such as the labored breathing from my dance, the way his forelock fell over the side of his face...And an undeniable tension in the air that made me increasingly uncomfortable.

With a light cough I cleared my throat, turning to look over the edge of the mountain in hopes of changing the mood, I gave a sigh with a halfhearted smile. "I've been stared at enough in my life, not once has it ever been in awe..." My voice drifted off while memories of my childhood flashed back to me, my sight glazing over until I wasn't even really looking at the mist covered scenery below. I was looking at the adults and foals alike who sneered at me, whispering hateful words under their breaths, and an occasional 'brave' soul who would chose to hurl their insults at me directly. My auds flicked back with bitter resentment, and I shut my eyes tight for a second to shake away the visions. When they opened, the scarlet orbs were hardened, my lips were pursed as I swallowed my own hatred for those who had hated me.
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.

Messages In This Thread
A Little Touch of Heavenly Light - by Morrigan - 11-22-2014, 01:13 AM
RE: A Little Touch of Heavenly Light - by Morrigan - 11-26-2014, 12:11 AM