the Rift

[OPEN] A Little Touch of Heavenly Light

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca
As much as my instincts begged me to run from the stallion, my skin actually twitching against his touch when he joined my side, I kept still. My hardened stare stayed focused on the mist covered grounds down below the mountain's side. The winds played with my hair, pulling my mane away from my face and causing the grass to tickle my legs. When Bucephalus draped his neck over my own, the hateful glare softened at his unexpected touch. It was a sweet gesture that caught me off of my guard, and I was at a lost on how to respond. Lips parted as though to ask him to stop, but I was unable to form the words. 'That is a lie, Morrigan.' I could feel myself tearing into two parts, the reasonable mare who had learned her lessons the hard way telling me to run, and the irrational, emotional vixen who simply wanted to lean into his warmth and tender touch. How dare he?! His words, although trying to bring comfort to me, only brought more confusion and bitterness. I couldn't rationalize with myself that he was talking about his awe, rather I could only think about the number of lies that I had been told in the past.

What the hell did he know? Who the fuck did he think he was? It was the only way my mind could process his words, to believe that he couldn't possibly understand what I had been through in my past. He didn't face those stares, he didn't know the torture I felt from false admiration with my first so-called 'love', the horrible feeling of betrayal when I had been turned on by the ones I had managed to put my trust into. No, his words served as a reminder not to trust, to not let myself get carried away with the emotions that haunted me whenever I stood near him. Auds flicked back while he pulled away, and with a little more aggression than I inteded, I shot a glare at him. "And what would you know?" The words seeped out with a bitter taste, carrying with them a venom that I did not want to use against him. Why had he even touched such a nerve?

It's not like he did so intentionally, he had been trying to comfort me after all. But still I turned away from him as he laid on the ground, tassle lashing angrily while I paced a few steps away. Auds were pinned into my mane, brushing against my silver crown. My right hoof lifted high into the air before me before I slammed it back down onto the earth with a frustrated snort. I didn't want, nor did I mean, to take it out on the the closest person I could consider a friend in this land...But I could not help myself. We were nothing more than ticking time bombs, and every time we touched, the clock would skip a few more seconds. I hardly knew the stallion, so why should I even try to put faith into him when I could not even put faith into those that I thought I knew whole-heartedly? He couldn't possibly understand why I felt the way I did, why I fled when conversations ran too deep, why I snapped when he came too close, or why certain words triggered an unexplainable anger. My scowl was focused on an innocent weed that was struggling to reach the sunlight, a pathetic looking flower with several missing petals weakly swaying in the wind. Mindlessly I lifted my hoof to the air again, slowly crushed down on the plant, and dragged it through the dirt.
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.

Messages In This Thread
A Little Touch of Heavenly Light - by Morrigan - 11-22-2014, 01:13 AM
RE: A Little Touch of Heavenly Light - by Morrigan - 11-26-2014, 11:44 PM