the Rift

[OPEN] Paradise Valley [Throat-island thread]

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

Slowly drifting, drifting away, wave after wave

Ears flicked forward attentively as the god that stood before them, blazing in all his glory and they, basking in it, assigned them their tasks. Ampere had always found it curious that the gods chose to balance their gifts in this manner. The requests, be they actions or items, had always seemed so trivial to her. What could the God of the Sun need with a crafted item from each herd land? Couldn't he just make them all himself, or acquire them? Surely with all his power he had faster, more efficient methods than mortal labor?

Many seemed to find them ventures of learning, assigned specifically by the gods to teach a lesson, ideally in their favor. Ampere could agree to this theory, albeit she couldn't quite place the gods, certainly not all of them anyway, as teachers. Then again she wasn't one to dwell on religion, if she were she might have recognized that the gods power was nothing without all of them to provide sustenance, worship, faith... entertainment. The gods made them, but to what end? Eternity was so so far that Ampere couldn't even comprehend it. With that much time it made sense to invest something in those that you had made, those that would not last.

Either way, god's intentions or not, a quest had been given. One which gave her an idea. "The edge is holding a competition, open to all," Ampere spoke up, glancing at the new arrival, then the rest of those gathered. "We found the invitation during our patrol. Perhaps we could acquire an item through that, and forge relationships simultaneously?" It was not like Ampere to be so political, but Sikeax had found the glass announcement, and she had been instantly curious to test her might against the Edge. It was a perfect chance to learn more about them too. Embarrassingly, Ampere hardly knew anything about the other herds.

[Fully crappy post ftw :D]

I wish I could make it easy, easy to love me
A M P E R E
Looking for the right words to say, feels like I'm drowning

Blusl.deviantart.com

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paradise Valley [Throat-island thread] - by Ampere - 01-04-2015, 11:11 PM