the Rift

When I'm Not Young and Beautiful

Sigunn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
SIGUNN
will you still love me when I'm not young and beautiful?
As though released from a lover's embrace, she was gradually released from its hold, the hold of the bridge-between-worlds that had brought her here. It was like she had been encased in her prince's gentle grasp, though she feared it was for the last time. All too soon the last evidences of Loricatus' love were lost to her. The air stilled and Sigunn remembered for a moment what normalcy was, what it was like to breath in regular breaths rather than desperate gasps. She had not been drowned; she was alive.

The dappled mare raised her head so that her face might look upon the heavens. For a second she imagined that it was her constellations that she saw. Then they were gone, replaced with an unfamiliar array of strange ones. The night was nearly silent, but it was bright. She blinked, confused. Where had he sent her? To safety, surely, but the realm was not one she recognized. Terr had waged many little wars despite its own peacefulness, claiming to spread freedom to the realms were it wreaked havoc and beckoned bloodshed. Wherever Loricatus had chosen for her, it was either considered by Terrin royalty to be of no significance, or of no hope. Sigunn cast fuchsia lenses about the place. It seemed harmless, a place of passing travelers. Behind her, a path of trees narrowed as it reached a mountain pass. Before her lay a stretch of open meadow surrounded by dense forests.

The warrior princess took a step forward as intrigue began to mask shock. She felt like a newborn, so suddenly was she shoved into an entirely new existence. She inhaled deeply simply for the sensation of oxygen betwixt her lungs. Suddenly she reared and extended her magnificent sails just to remind herself that she was real. Iron-hard hooves landed heavily upon the ground and she drew her downy wings to her sides, shaking out her mane so that the silken tresses fell smoothly to the ground. With the grace of a queen she regained her composure, falling into the posture of the princess she had been so close to becoming. She felt a shift within herself, like her blood had turned to sand and her body to an hourglass. Whatever longevity she had possessed, it was gone. It was not something she cared to bother herself with in that particular moment, for more pressing issues refused to be ignored any longer.

This was the land were travelers started over. This was the land where she was to be safe. In her heart she yearned for her sweet Loricatus, and already she tried senselessly to come up with a plan, any plan, that would take her back to him. But the best way for something lost to be found was to stay in one place, and so she would.

""

Messages In This Thread
When I'm Not Young and Beautiful - by Sigunn - 11-23-2014, 10:23 PM
RE: When I'm Not Young and Beautiful - by Sigunn - 11-27-2014, 11:56 PM