the Rift

When I'm Not Young and Beautiful

Sigunn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
SIGUNN
will you still love me when I'm not young and beautiful?

The rhythmic sound of trotting hooves jarred Siggun to her senses, forcefully removing her from her disconnected reverie. For a second she forgot her heartbreak and remembered her manners, and opened downy sails half-way as she slipped into a friendly curtsy. It was a fairly informal greeting, typically reserved for reunions with friends that had been separated. The pegasus that greeted her was a stranger, but the gesture felt appropriate - whoever this woman was, Sigunn took her for a kind soul. She had not seen another of her kind in all her life; oft did a horn adorn the Terrin skull, but rarely did wings grace the Terrin figure.

"Greetings," she dared offer, a polite smile fastened to her lips. She had been taught that strangers lied to strangers within the first five seconds of meeting them, if they chose to. Helovia had been mentioned briefly by her tutors, only to be quickly pushed aside in pursuit of something more important. Why, exactly, was not a question she could answer. Terr had hidden more from her than she had ever imagined. In any case, it was no lie — this woman appeared in all regards trustworthy. Moreover, Serenity was one of her own. Her sister of the sky, in a manner of speaking. Why, then, did Sigunn hesitate? "I am Sigunn, of Terr." she added smoothly, letting her own vocals drown out the buzzing between her ears, for a million thoughts did entangle themselves there. Did it even matter where she went, anymore? Surely there were other places, other herds, each with members that would trip over themselves at the opportunity to snag another number to swell their ranks. It almost sickened the warrior-borne femme to realize that she had fallen to the bottom of a food-chain she had very nearly topped. She now stood as little more than a carcass for vultures to drool and squabble over. Not to say that Serenity was anything of the sort, for already Sigunn had taken a liking to the mare's welcoming charm and youthful innocence. Under different circumstances, she was the sort Sigunn would have made every attempt to befriend. If only the fallen princess-to-be were not still in the midst of trying to figure out what that pounding sensation was. Could it be? The heart in a physical sense was a steadier organ in the Terrin body, healthier and sturdier to the point of allowing near-immortality. Here it seemed rather alarmingly erratic, affected by emotion in a way that it had not been before. It was a tiring sensation to address, an impossible one to avoid, not unlike almost everything at that particular moment.

Her rose-hued optics gazed calmly upon the other woman even as Sigunn betrayed her fragile facade and inhaled deeply so as to steady herself. "If you would, please. That would be wonderful." came her gracious acceptance of the offer extended only seconds earlier. The dappled mare had in many ways begun to resign herself to her fate. It simply would get no better than this.

She would have to make do.

@[Serenity]

Messages In This Thread
When I'm Not Young and Beautiful - by Sigunn - 11-23-2014, 10:23 PM
RE: When I'm Not Young and Beautiful - by Sigunn - 11-27-2014, 11:56 PM