the Rift

[OPEN] What could have been

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

She jumps as I mention that my home is surrounded by the Sea. Have I said something that upsets her? Perhaps she knows of the Throat ... have I said something that I shouldn't? Are we meant to be enemies? Briefly, a friendship that could have been dissolves, and suddenly I view us as rivals on the battlefield. I know Father would scoff - he would say that our herd, our family always comes first - she isn't family. She is no one if she is against us. I don't like the image, and I realize it's because I want us to be friends. I'm not sure if I'm allowed, with being a prince and all, but I want it. I like Spice.

As she spoke, it snapped me out of my day-nightmare, and I titled my head curiously. How could she live no where? That didn't make sense at all. She was young, like me. Maybe a little older, but if she hadn't even tried to fly yet, she couldn't be that much older. That meant she had to have a Mother and Father, or at least a Someone to take care of her, right? The idea of her living by herself was completely unfathomable to me. We were still so young, how could she be alone?

She turned away, and again I caught myself thinking that I had done something wrong. But I haven't even said anything! Little did I know sometimes not saying something at the wrong moment can get you into trouble with girls, just as much as saying something can. I pout a little, and then quickly pop my lip back in. I am nothing if not polite, I have learned that from Mother well.

"I live in the Dragon's Throat. It is ruled by my Mother and Father, Gaucho the Wildfire and Sohalia the Transcended." My tone is sincere, but my words sound rehearsed. Of course that's because they are - as I said, I am a diplomat. I know the names of everyone who holds a rank within our borders, and I know who our alliances are with. As the diplomacy in my voice drops, I trot forward to where she's eying the spewing steam. "It's almost all sand, the sea surrounds it completely. It's almost like an island - you can only get there by flying or walking over the landbridge. There's an oasis in the center and it's always warm." I realize I'm rambling but I can't help it. I really like my home and besides ... I don't actually know what to talk to her about. She seems to both want to talk to me, but also to not want to talk. It's weird.

Girls are weird.

"Maybe you could live there too?" I offer this, not really knowing if I should. I mean ... I know there are mares who would look after her. And maybe she could even get a job, or join Mother's academy. I don't really know what she likes, but the Throat is pretty great. Of course, I am biased. "Or uhm..you know. You don't have to. I was just ..." My voice trails off. Suddenly the offer seems stupid. Why would she want to come with me? She didn't seem to like the idea of the sea, she did jump after all (I completely missed the part where she appeared excited, instead interpreting it as her being unhappy about the idea).

I open my wings, holding my feathers towards the steam. I'm used to the heat, but still, I don't get too close. The way the air pushes on my feathers causes the underside to glow and pulse, just like if you were to blow on hot coals. I like the way it looks, although it makes me sad. It reminds me of Ivezho, and how he isn't here.

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
What could have been - by Rhoa - 11-24-2014, 03:08 PM
RE: What could have been - by Spice - 11-24-2014, 04:39 PM
RE: What could have been - by Rhoa - 11-24-2014, 04:59 PM
RE: What could have been - by Spice - 11-24-2014, 05:23 PM
RE: What could have been - by Rhoa - 11-24-2014, 07:29 PM
RE: What could have been - by Spice - 11-24-2014, 08:01 PM
RE: What could have been - by Rhoa - 11-24-2014, 08:22 PM
RE: What could have been - by Spice - 11-24-2014, 08:41 PM
RE: What could have been - by Rhoa - 11-24-2014, 09:53 PM
RE: What could have been - by Spice - 11-25-2014, 04:20 AM