the Rift

[PRIVATE] Isolate and Medicate

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

Torleik could have handled her prods about leaving her, abandoning her to the others. She was right. He'd walked off and left her - but since when had that bothered her? She'd never wanted or needed him to stick around before, so why should it be different now? He could have handled being raked over the rocks for that.

But when she asked if he couldn't handle the Time God's presence, something inside of him snapped. The twine that held his temper in check had been slowly unraveling, breaking apart thread by miniscule thread, and her guillotine words sliced clean through the remainder of whatever held it taut.

And he exploded: both internally, and out of the water, muscular forelegs and hocks catapulting him out of the hot spring, steam pouring off his body when more and more of his skin hit the cold winter air. Torleik's eyes blazed just like hers, the anger and pain and shame all too apparent in his face.

"Handle the Time God's presence?" he asked, incredulity saturating his words. "I handled his fucking presence just fine until he took a jab at me by making it perfectly clear that, lest I not forget, he fucked you!" the Bloodskald snarled. "He's a bastard, but he's a god. He gave you a child! I'm just...just a pathetic man who's lost and has no purpose in this sham I'm trying to lie and call a life! What the hell could I offer you? Why would you ever want anything from me?"

Irelyn gave a highly displeased series of avian growls when her bonded's loss of control set her to melting out of her wingtips, talons and beak. The fire did not inherently wound her but it was frightening for the young owl griffin to both feel Torleik so enraged and desolate inside while feeling no control over her own magic. Scared, she scrambled towards him for comfort, her tiny heart breaking when he jerked back and kept space between them.

'Why...you no love? Scared!' she wailed piteously through their bond and Torleik's impotent rage only carved more out of his insides.

"I can't even handle my own companion," he growled, angry, gritting his teeth. The fear of being burned was to embedded in his psyche now and though he longed to bear the pain and scoop up his owl griffin, he was paralyzed with fear. 'I'm so sorry, Irelyn,' he pleaded through their bond. 'I know - I know you're scared. It's my fault and I'm so sorry. I love you, so much.'

Eyes cast back up to the new Lady of the Basin, wary, almost accusatory, expecting her to abandon him here. Let her complete this descent into his nadir.

"talk talk talk"

@[Ophelia]

Heartstrings Come Undone
You know I'm trying to believe that you're never gonna leave...
Art by: veradaine @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 11-26-2014, 06:51 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 11-26-2014, 07:17 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 11-26-2014, 09:27 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 11-26-2014, 11:13 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 11-26-2014, 11:33 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 11-27-2014, 12:04 AM