the Rift

[PRIVATE] Isolate and Medicate
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

The only offered reaction to Torleik lunging from the water was the backward tilt of her elegantly shaped ears. She was unmoved, standing firm even as the larger stallion approached. Steam from the difference in temperatures on his pelt rose, giving physical evidence to his assumed anger, but Ophelia cared little for his anger now. The pale princess narrowed her gaze, prepared to fight if she must, even if she was smaller in comparison to his noble frame.

She openly winced at his crude language, having never heard it so openly before, and she glared to hide the pain. As he spoke, she felt the anger in her rise. So that was what this was about? He was actually comparing himself to the God? As if she could even compared the two at all? "Gave me a child?" she barked in response, a bitter, painful sneer twisting her normally serene facade. "He took one from me!"

Ophelia felt emotion shake her body, heart pounding as blood rushed through her ears. She could feel the pumping rock her hooves, anger so high she felt like floating. "Do you realize how difficult it was to tell Roskuld that she was wanted - how hard it was to love her knowing how she came into being?" The color of her eyes seemed to cool to an icy wall. How could he even begin to compare himself to the God of Time? "He is immortal, and I am a speck of dust in time. You think he cares? If he does, the emotion is fleeting at best. I have only ever wanted a good life, Torleik. My wants and needs are simple."

"I am mortal, and I just want to survive as best I can."
That hadn't been going well so far.

The griffin, upset by the emotions, seemed to struggle with controlling her flames, and Ophelia watched with a moved heart. What hurt the most was when Torleik jerked away from her approach, and she shot the stallion a glare. Ophelia called Tinek down from the skies with her thoughts, and the dragon glided close, seeing the poor creature. His scales were armor, and he moved close, gentle exhaling a breath of frost to cool her powers. Tinek did so from where he laid down in the ground, trying to appear as unobtrusive as possible.

Ophelia listened to his words, raising a brow as curiosity knocked on the door of her rage. She turned her gaze back to the little griffin, offering a warm, gentle smile. "Hello, Irelyn," she said softly, having heard her name when they met. "I know how hard it can be when your bond mate is feeling too much. Tinek can teach you how to control it, love." The dragon nodded once, glancing at the little, feathered morsel. He crawled a little closer, nudging her, unafraid of the flames.

She lifted her gaze back to Torleik. "You should not turn her away," she spoke sternly. "What is a burn in the face of the only pure love you will ever experience?" The question was asked in a demanding way, as the answer, to her, was simple. Ophelia was aware of his past and the tragedy of his home, but he did not know that she knew this, that she had pried into his mind.

Heartstrings Come Undone
You know I'm trying to believe that you're never gonna leave...
Art by: veradaine @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 11-26-2014, 06:51 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 11-26-2014, 07:17 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 11-26-2014, 09:27 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 11-26-2014, 11:13 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 11-26-2014, 11:33 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 11-27-2014, 12:04 AM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 11-27-2014, 01:10 AM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 11-27-2014, 01:42 AM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 12-18-2014, 06:49 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 12-19-2014, 01:35 PM