the Rift

[PRIVATE] Isolate and Medicate
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia knew he was right. He barely knew anything about her at all, and she supposed he must have learned quite a bit at the gathering that should have come from her lips instead of another's. She frowned. Her flawless memories were a curse. Her past returned to her mind so easily and so clearly - often she lost herself in past experiences and did not realize how much others did not know. Learning someone took time, time that she and Torleik had not experienced, but she had spoken to him as if she had expected him to understand.

Certainly he did though? She had explained that she had been abandoned, that she was broken.

Why did he leave her there alone?

She stood up for his companion then, a culmination of past experiences forming her response. Torleik stood right back, taking a step forward which she initially ignored. Then, he spoke. She lifted her gaze, watching Irelyn's fire extinguish immediately. Ophelia furrowed her brows, trying to absorb his words despite the lingering ache of her own heart. She let them linger in the winter's air, both of them breathing heavily. He looked ragged, tense, and she was shaken, off center when she normally carefully toed the very line of her own duality.

He was afraid of her fire in a way that was crippling, and she wondered what it was like to feel that way. She knew that his home had been burned down, and those left painful memories. Her lack of instincts had never let her fear the elements, so she struggled to empathize with this emotion. However, she could empathize with his words. Ophelia had been trapped by her own inadequacies and hurt Tinek in the process, and the kind words of an elder had offered her wisdom.

Wisdom was not one of her personality traits, but surely she could help - at least in some way. He would need time to calm down, and she would need time to rid herself of the likelihood that his leaving in the meeting was a precursor to leaving forever. Ophelia took a deep breath and closed her eyes, struggling to find her center again. For now, she was shoved off to one side and rebelling, but she would make it to the middle again.

"I have no right to insinuate any ease," she said finally. "Since... I was born, I have never felt an innate fear of... anything," she said, admitting a weakness. She had never told anyone these words before. "But because of this, I have been hurt and injured more times than I would care to admit. What you feel toward her fire is not inherently wrong, Torleik." Ophelia was unsure of how to proceed. She could speak truth, and risk alienating him further. Or, she could try to coax him into understanding.

Maybe this would be a moment when manipulating him would be positive? The idea made her chest do funny things, like what it did when she was about to do something wrong. But, logically, it made sense...right?

"Fire... Fire is destructive and strong, but is it not also powerful and beautiful?" she suggested. "When I look at Irelyn, I see a passionate flame, not a dangerous one. Does the wielder make a difference?"

Again, she put her own emotions aside. The hurt was still there, but admitting that hurt aloud would only put her at risk for more pain. She hid behind her walls to help others, as was the greatest and most beautiful flaw of her design.

Heartstrings Come Undone
You know I'm trying to believe that you're never gonna leave...
Art by: veradaine @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 11-26-2014, 06:51 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 11-26-2014, 07:17 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 11-26-2014, 09:27 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 11-26-2014, 11:13 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 11-26-2014, 11:33 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 11-27-2014, 12:04 AM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 11-27-2014, 01:10 AM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 11-27-2014, 01:42 AM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 12-18-2014, 06:49 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 12-19-2014, 01:35 PM