[PRIVATE] Isolate and Medicate
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia
And no one could save me but you

Ophelia listened patiently, feeling the sting still itching at her heartstrings. She was not outwardly compassionate. The most affectionate gesture she had managed in her lifetime was the tight embrace from her sister. Her words were even more heavily weighed. Rarely did she admit feelings, choosing fact instead. Disagreements with facts were folly. Disagreement with emotions was pain. Why would she reveal her heart? What would it gain her besides another fissure in an already shattered organ? The reward was precious, but so far unattainable. How could she trust to trade her heart for a foreign concept, so distant. Thus, her words were tempered, offered from the heart but not containing much except surface.

Perhaps this was what he sensed. For even though she shared her past, she shared little of herself. Facts were facts. Ophelia frowned, listening to his words with confusion. How did she mean anything to him at all? Who was this man to so easily claim his affections and place her in his soul. She saw him as a small child, picking up the pretty things he wanted and holding them tightly, but to him, she was not just an object. He respected her, treated her well, and she thought, even admired her status.

And he could admit that he was wrong. He was an enigma. So entirely confusing. Every word he spoke made her confused, awkward in her own skin.

She nodded lightly, having absorbed his words while the tilt of her ears shifted forward - ever so slightly. "Okay," she said, taking a deep breath and exhaling her tension. "I understand. I would never damage the relationship with my sister, and... relationships are important." Why could she not just be honest? Why was it so hard to bear her feelings for him to see? She struggled for a moment, swallowing hard. "I worried that I had, when I left," she said quietly. "I am fortunate that Ktulu is so loving and patient. I have tested her more than I care to admit - unintentionally, but..."

Ophelia took a deep breath. She came with baggage. What was left of her was not whole. Torleik had to decide if she was worth the effort of picking up pieces, if she was worth taking the hurt for whatever reward lay at the end. Everything she touched ran away or broke. Why could he be any different?

She was surprised to find him so quickly at her side, reassuring her folly. Brows furrowed deeply, she looked up at him, still so incredibly confused by his attitude and manners. Why did her stupidity warrant such compassion? Why did he not laugh at her actions? She wanted to laugh at herself for being such a fool. Yet, there he stood, his whiskered nose pressing against her neck, and she was at a loss for words. A quick, embarrassed explanation was all she managed to get out, trying to unravel this puzzle that was Torleik.

Little did she know that the key was so, so simple. She was looking at a word search that was already filled in through damaged lenses, trying to work through the cracks and scratches. If only someone would take them off....

Torleik's muzzle touched her nose again, and she watched him walk into the shallow waters, the sky above filled with vibrant colors. She smiled a little, one side of her mouth hooking more than the other. His memories of losing his family... the fires. She hadn't noticed before the proximity to the water, but as she looked back through his visions, she was able to discern the truth in his words. Ophelia felt her heart tug at his loss, able to understand the pain of losing everything. As much as she hated to admit it, home was tied to land as well. She still thought of the Tides - where she was born.

As she watched him descend into the water, she could not help but admire the musculature of his haunches. He wasn't looking, so she felt no guilt in staring. The thick strands of his tail ran wild around thick bones and feathered hooves. When he turned back, she swiftly averted her gaze, her eyes meeting his as he urged her into the water. Ophelia raised a brow, looking at the surface and unable to help but wonder if this was some grand metaphor.

Was she ready to face her fears? Was she read to dive in?
Inwardly she rolled her eyes. Gods, she hated romance stories.

And yet here she was, looking at the handsome, demon-horned stallion waiting for her in the hotspring, and she was paralyzed with her inability to make a decision. Whenever she did something for herself, someone got hurt. She had put a wedge between herself and everyone else for a reason, and it wasn't just her own pain.

Ophelia shed her doubts and walked to the edge, looking down at the rippling surface as she let her forelegs slide into the silty ground. She let her toes catch the gravel and hold her, nervously stepping in. She tried not to think about it too much. Once she was submerged, the water lapping at her chest, and she looked up with a soft expression. "It's warm," she murmured softly.

@[Torleik]

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 11-26-2014, 06:51 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 11-26-2014, 07:17 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 11-26-2014, 09:27 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 11-26-2014, 11:13 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 11-26-2014, 11:33 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 11-27-2014, 12:04 AM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 11-27-2014, 01:10 AM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 11-27-2014, 01:42 AM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 12-18-2014, 06:49 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 12-19-2014, 01:35 PM