the Rift

[PRIVATE] Night Minds [closed]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Africa isn't a trickster spirit after all. Or a figment of my imagination, which hadn't been extremely likely-- I might be worn, sad and slightly lethargic, but my mind was ever firmly intact. Yar, at least she is real, breathing, alive. The heat those trembling steel colored nostrils exhale send warm waves into Frostfall, with swirling clouds of moisture. It vanishes and fades away into the unforgiving air. Gone are sleek curves and womanly features she bore not many months ago. Months when the air had burned in Tallsun, she'd been sleek, proud, all outward appearance showed a capable leader. This girl who stood before me was nothing of the same creature.

Why...? Oh yar, I'd uttered that word aloud for her ears to catch, and question. Aye. "Nothing..." I whispered, which was the truth. The 'why', question couldn't be answered. Not by Africa. Her yellow ivories grappled for something laying against the snow. I automatically followed her motions with my eyes as she grasped hold of a floppy, wet, brown thing. She dropped it at my feet, I lingered on it with indifference. It wasn't until her warmth came near, a velvet muzzle drew close. This body once again came alive, my flesh flinched where those hot tendrils washed. Wearily, these honeyed pools rose to her face, slide along the sharp arch of a cheek and down the length of that long neck. Africa inquired on my well being and the worn frown on my face deepened. Though, it should be noted that on the inside I felt like laughing hysterically. She was standing here, looking about as cold and wet as the snow itself and this half starved, bony woman was asking what's wrong with me? "Seele..." softly, I spoke the name of a departed friend as if treading upon thin ice. "She...passed on a few days ago." It still felt like yesterday.

Lingering in the downpour was pointless for us both. I didn't allow much room for her to intercide with pity or comfort, instead I said with an ounce of renewed purpose, "Come, let's get someplace warm, out of the weather. Ye looks nearly frozen wearing that wet coat."

MIDAS

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Night Minds [closed] - by Africa - 11-26-2014, 07:31 PM
RE: Night Minds - by Midas - 11-28-2014, 04:46 PM
RE: Night Minds - by Africa - 11-29-2014, 07:08 PM
RE: Night Minds - by Midas - 11-29-2014, 10:04 PM
RE: Night Minds - by Africa - 11-30-2014, 04:29 PM
RE: Night Minds - by Midas - 11-30-2014, 08:29 PM
RE: Night Minds - by Africa - 12-01-2014, 05:18 PM
RE: Night Minds - by Midas - 12-02-2014, 11:14 PM
RE: Night Minds - by Africa - 12-03-2014, 03:56 AM