the Rift

[OPEN] Ascension [Midas]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Grief was a temporary ordeal, its effects, much like the pain of a wound, wained with the passing of time. Hours, days, weeks. However long it took. Eventually that blank haze began to fade from my sleep deprived eyes. One night it became easier to rest, and waking the next morning wasn't as difficult as the day before. Slowly I became more coherent to the world around me and life buzzed on, seemingly unaltered by recent death.

I rose before the dawn one particularly quiet morning with an unusual urge to travel beyond the valley. Looking through the bare limbs of a tree I caught a glimpse of something silvery pale, glowing faintly in the night. Fina started to stir, after a moment she poked her head out and followed my gaze. The semi luminous shape was none other than little Neve, who was soaring toward us. An impressive bunch of snowberries is trapped inside her right talon. She landed awkwardly, nearly missing the branch. Once steady Neve slide slowly over to were Fina was perched and proudly presented her catch as any young child did when immensely proud of their minor accomplishments.

A smile was teased to life, my first genuine beam in many weeks. Fina cooed softly and gently picked at one proffered berry that Neve was insisting she try. Their talk over food was interrupted by yet another pressing urge, tempting me to travel South. My grin slowly faded, "Come on." Jaw is set to a hard line, but my tone is even and quiet. Both sets of eyes glanced up, one amused and the other blissfully naïve. Shifting out from the shadows I whispered softly, "Let's take leave of this place for a little."

Sun dipped pinions spread wide, the unpleasant cold came rushing toward that empty space; though I hardly felt it. Surging forward, snow and mud got slung behind, a moment later my dirty feet left the ground. Close behind are my companions. Neve was finally old enough to fly unaided, though for her sake I kept our pace slow.

By first light, we'd reached our destination. Sky island. Yar, the tugging got stronger. Upon arrival to our fluttering tent I noted a gathering and all four lords. Their power was a lure, a temptingly strong one that called for all manner of individuals. Mortals are children, what babe would ignore the call of their parents? I came down toward the back, purposely keeping away from everyone else.

All four benevolent beings had come to stand among us; sun, moon, time and earth. My honeyed gaze rose to him, mildly curious as to what this meeting would entail. Small traces of disappointment licked like a tiny flame. Earth, my patron lord. The god of my father. He was looking to me through the crowd. I wanted to ask the wise one, why Seele had to die the way she did. Did my creator know that his chosen colead passed from this world? Did he even care? With great effort those thoughts are pushed aside, they are for another day. When my heart wasn't so weary of sorrow.

Eventually I'd come to realize a truth without his guidance, for it was something I already knew. Death, as all things, was a natural occurrence -- and sometimes it was unpreventable. Nar, but I couldn't hear such wisdom today. Not with her passing still fresh upon my mind. Instead, I turned thoughts to wondering what we'd come for. I assumed this meeting had something to do with the murdered individuals, the ones who lost their lives in a violent manner to forces beyond our comprehension.

Earth began to move through the crowd. I was still hanging in the back, watching quietly. Neve and Fina landed across my rear and three sets of eyes watched as our astral father drew near. My breath unintentionally caught when he paused in front of me. Dark crown tilted up and curiosity gave way to momentary confusion. Earth looked happy... joyful even. My gaze instantly dropped from his light stare, they lowered respectfully as my neck tipped forward into a small bow of reverence.

There was immense, but unspoken gratitude for the calming aura his presence gave off. It slowed my heart and thoughts, which would have otherwise been thundering ahead. Coal lips broke their rigid line, "My lord?" I whispered, unsure of what would follow. He spoke up in a low, calming tone. Shock quickly set in. My eyes shot from the dirt to his massive frame and the mighty horned crown which sat between two of the wisest and gentlest eyes I'd ever come to love.

This heart took off, the sound almost a single sustained note; it felt it would burst through my ribs at any moment. A pent breath came as a soft gasp. He had come to honor...me? They all did. I felt drawn to gaze around at my friends, family and strangers whom were yet unknown to me. Truly, had my existence made such an impact on this world? Was it a better place because I yet drew breath? Those notions seemed impossible.

There was hardly time to think, wide eyes snapped back to him. The full weight of this honor was not just recognition but a title and a chance for immortality? Ebony jaws slipped apart, though not a single useful sound could be pulled from my throat. His massive frame, so similar to that of mountain scape, bowed to the dust; lowered in regard for me. This mind seemed ready to burst. Sudden joy, surprise, astonishment, bittersweet grief and all emotions between. To many feelings for words that could be heard with mortal ears.

"I..." voice broke, thick with lingering shock and uncertainty. "I thank ye," pools rose from him to the crowd and other lords, "all of ye..." Thank you, sounded so pale in comparison to their splendor, "This is... astonishing." No other word could so acutely describe it. Immortality? Blessed children? "Such kind words...I feel inadequate to receive them." What about all the times I'd failed? Sinned against them? Those things didn't seem to matter right now. Immortality, perhaps with the extra time I could truly stand a chance at making a difference in this world. Then there was my prodigy. I thought of Cera, Ranjiri, and Hototo. They were magnificent individuals without the blessings of heaven to give them a head start. Any child could be brilliant, could become a hero. "Father," I uttered softly, "If it pleases ye. I'd have immortality and the time it brings to continue to make a difference. To touch the lives of others for glory and honor in thee name."
Our colours come alive when I collide with you
with you, with you
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Ascension [Midas] - by God of the Earth - 11-27-2014, 12:27 PM
RE: Ascension [Midas] - by Midas - 11-27-2014, 11:49 PM
RE: Ascension [Midas] - by Apollo - 11-28-2014, 11:31 AM
RE: Ascension [Midas] - by Ghost - 11-28-2014, 07:48 PM
RE: Ascension [Midas] - by Africa - 12-02-2014, 12:05 AM
RE: Ascension [Midas] - by God of the Earth - 12-07-2014, 02:08 PM
RE: Ascension [Midas] - by Midas - 12-08-2014, 04:53 PM