[OPEN] Colorblind

Ryuu Posts: 28
Outcast
Colt :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 1 Year
Mali :: Rough Collie :: None Brit
 ranjiri & ryuu

so while you're outside looking in, describing what you see
remember what you're looking at is me

They fight over my head like two stags, antlers locking and clashing as they butt heads, and I am astonished to see momma flare with fury that begins to remind me more of an eagle than a stag. Sharp, talons awaiting the flesh of her foe, with slanted eyes and razor feathers. I am both cowed and euphoric to have her standing above me, legs like unmovable pillars of stone, planted around me. Aurelia no longer seems to be much of a threat, but I can feel momma's volatile emotions, her wariness and distrust. Kin we may be by herd, but I can tell that something fierce lurks inside her. It's new to me, intricate, with an arid residue that clings to my nares and chokes with me the reminder that this is mostly my fault. I had been so frightened by the familiar-stranger face that I'd been met with. Cowardly as always.

In their words I find a name, and I struggle to sit straighter, even as my frame protests. I am suddenly invigorated, desperate. I seek her eyes, ferocity burning my veins. "Annie? Where's Annie? How do you know her?" I press desperately, and the smudged lines of my memories grow dangerously clearer. I don't want to know, I don't want to remember, but Annie is not someone I can forget. Though my memories of her are similarly weak.

Before anything can be answered, the world suddenly goes sideways, and I watch in horror as the pale lady collapsed to the sands and started convulsing. I can't help the terrified scream that rips out of my throat, and I cow beneath momma's midnight feathers, trying to shield myself from what I'm seeing. But a part of me whispers, recalling how I'd felt alone on the beach in mere fragments of emotion rather than a clear event. I remembered momma helping me walk to the ocean every day, no matter how busy she was or how tired. I remembered Cera standing guard over us while we slept, humming softly when I couldn't sleep. And Ilaria, though she was not mine in soul, reading my emotions and keeping me strong when all I'd ever thought myself to be was weak.

The lady didn't seem to have that. There was a broken kind of silence in her aureate eyes, a jagged manner to her syntax that implied prolonged loneliness. Clearly she was in pain, what was happening to her was violent and terrifying, and her slurred calls for a healer were only further proof to me that she was fighting something far stronger than I could offer comfort for. Still, something old and ingrained in my personality sang and pushed at me until I was crawling out from beneath momma towards the mare in the sands.

"It's okay," I murmur softly, repeating it until I am sure she is listening. Is she able to? I'm trembling still, scared by what I'm witnessing, but I want so badly to help her. "J-Just try to relax, like...like a cramp," I soothe, wishing I had feathers to drape around her, like momma did. But I'm no healer, and I look helplessly towards momma.

"Momma, we have to help her," I plead, voice thick and eyes moist with helplessness. No matter my feelings towards her, the urge to heal, to help, is far stronger. I don't know where it comes from, how I'd missed its existence, but it gives me the strength to overcome my fear. A gift brought to light beneath a banner of ugliness.

Credits

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Colorblind - by Ryuu - 11-28-2014, 02:09 AM
RE: Colorblind - by Aurelia - 11-28-2014, 11:32 AM
RE: Colorblind - by Ryuu - 11-29-2014, 01:27 AM
RE: Colorblind - by Ranjiri - 11-29-2014, 01:54 AM
RE: Colorblind - by Aurelia - 12-19-2014, 09:54 PM
RE: Colorblind - by Ryuu - 12-21-2014, 01:07 AM
RE: Colorblind - by Ranjiri - 12-23-2014, 09:49 PM
RE: Colorblind - by Aurelia - 12-23-2014, 10:34 PM
RE: Colorblind - by Ryuu - 01-07-2015, 07:30 PM
RE: Colorblind - by Alija - 01-10-2015, 09:05 PM