the Rift

[OPEN] As winter weakens

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

Alysanne’s smile brightens onto the verge of cheerful laughter when the tree-mare introduced herself – Fig! Well wasn’t that just perfect. “How wonderful!” She couldn’t help but exclaiming, still just bubbling with all sorts of questions. But dear Fig had asked them to explain a bit about the Edge to them and she happily let Nasreen jump in there first.

The three quest items that she had been asked to complete by the Moon Goddess rattled around Alysanne’s brain as Nasreen mentioned their patron. Look at these two, how was she supposed to hurt any of them? Any one? How could she refuse to heal them? They were her family. The Edge had become her home these past couple years and she had to betray at least one of them… maybe as many as three.

She managed to stop herself from being entirely rude and managed to remember herself in time to catch most of Nasreen’s story – it was a good one too! “That’s amazing Nasreen!” She offered at the end with a bright smile, enjoying being in the presence of the young mare’s clear enthusiasm for the new job she found herself in and the unique situations associated with it.

“My own experience with the Edge has been very similar. Kahlua happily took me in when I stumbled into Helovia, lost and separated from my family. I’ve never truly felt at home until I found the Edge and could not imagine living anywhere else! Or with another group of horses.” Right from the start, Kahlua and Brisa had been two very good friends to her and she had felt so at home in this seaside forest. “But I still have the freedom to go visit my son every year.” It was a herd, not a prison! And she had been so worried the first time she had set out to leave temporarily. Luckily, Kahlua was all too happy to have her back every time.

“When you arrived I’m sure they explained a bit about the ranks to you?” It was customary to do so, and Alysanne waited for a nod or other sign of confirmation before continuing. “I’m part of the healers, I’ve always rather loved learning about plants and how they can help and it seemed like a logical choice when I arrived. First job I’ve ever had.” She confides with a bright laugh. None of the other herds she had been a part of – not that there had been overly many – had been set up the way World’s Edge was. “One of my friends, Resplendence, started garden of herbs to be used medically and even has a wondrous little box to store the seeds and dried specimens in. And our glazier, Dragomir, was using the bits and pieces of our glass wall to help make a greenhouse so that herbs can be grown all year round.”

@[Fig], @[Nasreen] sorry it took me so long guys!

please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
As winter weakens - by Fig - 11-28-2014, 08:55 PM
RE: As winter weakens - by Alysanne - 11-28-2014, 11:30 PM
RE: As winter weakens - by Fig - 12-01-2014, 09:01 PM
RE: As winter weakens - by Nasreen - 12-01-2014, 11:04 PM
RE: As winter weakens - by Nasreen - 12-10-2014, 04:10 PM
RE: As winter weakens - by Alysanne - 12-03-2014, 11:27 PM
RE: As winter weakens - by Fig - 12-08-2014, 02:56 PM
RE: As winter weakens - by Alysanne - 12-28-2014, 05:46 PM