Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
rhoa
i walk in the air
between the rain
through myself
& back again.
She touches my neck and darts away and I see that she understands - or at least, it seems like she does. I hear myself laughing and feel a smile as it parts my lips. My wing splays after her, trying to touch her body as she darts away but I miss. I'm glad. I'm happy to chase after her. Her strides quicken and I find myself racing to keep up. She's doing remarkably well running on the sands, most find it difficult at first, but you build up stamina and muscle fairly quickly. I watch as her wings release from her flanks and the way that the wind begins to gently pull and tug at the feathers.

Is she ... ?

Yes, yes she is.

Her body rises into the sky and I find myself skidding to a halt. I don't know why I didn't follow her - maybe I am feeling protective, I'm not really sure. She said she's never flown before, but there she goes. Like a natural. Then again, I suppose we are all naturals. It's our birthright to fly after all. I raise one of my wings to shield the light from the sun so that I can watch her as she climbs higher and higher. Her body is just a silhouette now, and I feel fear begin to grip my chest. I promised her that the sands provided a soft place to land ... but no matter how soft the landing was, it wouldn't matter if she fell from such a height. Nervously, I begin to pace back and forth slightly, watching as she angles her body and begins to drop.

WAIT.

I can't tell if she's falling or flying. I rise onto my hind legs, spinning slightly with my wings outstretched to watch her descent. I still can't tell. I can't tell, I can't tell, I can't tell! I've seen mother do maneuvers like that, Father too when he's trying to land quickly. Is that all this is? For a moment I pray to the Sun God that she lied to me - that she really is an expert flier and that this is just a show.

Please don't let her be falling, please don't let her be-

Her wings stretch from her sides and now it looks like she's going to land alright. I feel a wave of relief wash over me as I hasten to reach the spot I think she's going to land. As I near, I see sand erupt from where she's landed and see her body land amidst the red granules. She isn't getting up. SHE ISN'T GETTING UP.

"Spice!" I call frantically as I rush to her side. I collapse onto my knees, trying to see if anything is broken or if she is bleeding. As my gaze reaches her face I notice that she is smiling. Dead pegasi don't smile, do they? They also don't breathe a voice reminds me, as I notice that her chest is still rising. I sigh relieved, nudging her shoulder gently with my nose. "Are you okay?"

Where?
I don't know.
darren criss. @ shine

Messages In This Thread
What's an It? - by Spice - 11-29-2014, 03:34 PM
RE: What's an It? - by Rhoa - 11-29-2014, 05:42 PM
RE: What's an It? - by Spice - 11-29-2014, 09:25 PM
RE: What's an It? - by Rhoa - 11-29-2014, 09:57 PM
RE: What's an It? - by Gaucho - 11-29-2014, 10:04 PM
RE: What's an It? - by Spice - 11-29-2014, 11:32 PM
RE: What's an It? - by Rhoa - 11-30-2014, 06:55 PM
RE: What's an It? - by Gaucho - 11-30-2014, 07:06 PM