the Rift

All this could be yours - [open]

Kipling Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Wow! Another one had come! The attention quickly went to Kipling’s head: look at all of them, here to see me - this is great! His irritation and sleepyness yielded to self-pleased contentment as he listened to their talk, the kid watching the grown-ups converse at the dinner table, oblivious to what they said but happy enough to be included in the discussion. It wasn’t really that they seemed that much older than him – they didn’t really – but they all knew so much more about this place and its secrets. The mental stimulation of meeting so many wiser others and their companions after weeks of solitary travel chiseled his excitement into awe, and he watched the verbal exchange in reverential silence.

The third arrival was not accompanied by some unknown animal, but her silhouette was unlike anything Kipling had ever seen. Her sides were covered with extra bulk which he could have sworn were downy wings. She introduced herself as Amani and helpfully explained the four herdlands, but Kipling could only gawk in puzzlement at the wing-like protrusions as she spoke of a Father Sun and warmer lands.

Essetia and Ophelia completed the task of bringing him up to speed on Helovia’s many oddities. Kipling’s eyes widened as they spoke of magical creatures, shapeshifters, shadow monsters, and gods.
“Wow…” He murmured to no one in particular, cocking his head curiously. No wonder his parents had urged him to find this place. But why had they ever left...?

It was not until the Lady Ophelia mentioned “deciding” something that Kipling realized this was not just story time: they were all offering him home. This world full of magic and wonder and adventure… And they were inviting him to join it. His eyes widened as he looked back and forth between the five assembled: the dark one who spoke of adventure and warmth and light, her stark snowy white companion sitting between her forelegs, the flighted reptilian animal perched among the branches, Ophelia with her vaguely maternal kindness, and the winged (those are wings, aren’t they?) disciple.
“Wow,” He repeated again.

“I... I want to see everything!" He finally blathered. How unfair that he could not be in multiple places at once! He frowned thoughtfully. How was he ever supposed to make a decision about all of this? But in his consternation, his internal voice took root and began to gently nudge him towards Essetia and Romul - he was physically turning himself towards the pair before he consciously understood what he was doing.

"This all sounds very amazing," He spoke truthfully. A more socially adept creature might thank them for their hospitality and generous offers here, but Kipling simply carried on unhindered. "But I think... I think I should chase adventure with Essetia and Romul in the Hidden Falls." He had never had to decline anyone before, and it felt unpleasantly similar to someone wringing out his very heart. He shook his head anxiously at the feeling, as if trying to toss it from his mind through physical force. Failing, he continued apologetically towards Ophelia and Amani, "I'd love to visit, if I can - I hope to see all of this world some day!" He scowled at the bittersweet stinging feeling one final time before stepping hesitantly towards Essetia and Romul, his gaze flighty and pleading: so, we go now?

OOC: You guys are welcome to reply or we can just wrap it up here, whatever you want to do. =)
@[Ophelia] @[Amani]

Messages In This Thread
All this could be yours - [open] - by Kipling - 11-29-2014, 05:32 PM
RE: All this could be yours - [open] - by Essetia - 11-29-2014, 06:53 PM
RE: All this could be yours - [open] - by Ophelia - 11-30-2014, 10:26 AM
RE: All this could be yours - [open] - by Kipling - 11-30-2014, 11:06 PM
RE: All this could be yours - [open] - by Amani - 11-30-2014, 11:23 PM
RE: All this could be yours - [open] - by Essetia - 12-01-2014, 01:52 AM
RE: All this could be yours - [open] - by Ophelia - 12-01-2014, 02:18 AM
RE: All this could be yours - [open] - by Kipling - 12-03-2014, 11:12 AM
RE: All this could be yours - [open] - by Amani - 12-08-2014, 08:50 PM