the Rift

[PRIVATE] Save Me, Tales of the Broken

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

'Hear that?' Tallis asked as he sat perched on Evangeline's back, acting as a look out as she pawed away snow in search of a few morsels of grass to eat. "No. What was it?" She could hear very little over the crunching snow under her hooves. 'Voice.' Tallis responded. 'Calling for you.' This made Evangeline lift her head and look to the dragon on her back. "You're sure?" She asked, making the dragon nod his scaled head. 'Call Evangeline! Eva!' He repeated, making her frown deepen a touch. It was not uncommon for her to be called upon, Kahlua and Kaj had done it several times before, but they usually arrived shortly after. "Who was it? Do you know?" Tallis shook his head. 'Voice familiar. Can't place.' "I suppose we should go look?" As she posed her question she could feel Tallis' disapproval settle over her like a thick blanket of snow on the ground. 'Could be trap.' He warned. "Or it could be someone that needs help." She said as she turned her body in the direction Tallis was staring. "We cannot just ignore someone in need of help." Tallis grumbled quietly, knowing that his bonded had already made her decision and there was nothing he could do to change her mind.

Evangeline made as little noise as possible as she moved through the trees that were becoming increasingly familiar as the days wore on. 'Don't like this.' Tallis hissed. 'Dark out. Cold. Its trap.' Evangeline sighed. "If its a trap then you can tell me 'I told you so' after." The dragon was not consoled by Eva's words, but was put more on edge by her blatant disregard of his warning. "Come now, Tallis." She murmured. "Who else knows my name besides the ones that live right here in the Edge?" The dragon was quiet for a moment before speaking again. 'Basin.' Eva rolled her eyes. "We have an agreement of peace." She reminded the dragon, who merely snorted. 'No alliance. Only agreement.' He pointed out, and she knew that he was right. "I'm going to exercise a little thing called trust." She said. "I know I have not done that much before, but now is as good a time as any."

Finally realizing that he would not win the argument Tallis remained silent. Rather than move to his usual spot on Evangeline's neck he turned and sat so he could watch behind them because he did not trust that it wasn't a trap like she did. Even as time dragged on and no monster leaped from the dark to try and devour them whole he stayed vigilant. Tallis the Vigilant. It had a nice ring to it, he thought.

With the dragon finally preoccupied with his own thoughts of a title for himself Evangeline could relax a little and wonder over who had called for her. If it had been Kaj she would have known, Tallis knew their king's voice. The same went for Kahlua. She only walked a few more minutes before a shape loomed before her in the growing darkness. "Hello?" She called, her head tilting. Her pace slowed, but she did not stop. Something made her keep walking even as apprehension began to coil within her chest.

"Thor?" Clouds blotted out the moonlight so she could just barely make out the features of his face. For a moment she considered calling out Archibald's name, but even with the sparse light she could not make out any white markings on his body. Evangeline drew closer and breathed in his scent, mixed with that of ... decay? "Thor?" Her voice was tentative. The clouds shifted, allowing the moonlight to escape and bathe the world in its silvery glow. '...wings.' Tallis' voice broke through and she looked to Thor's shoulders, finding them absent of the small wings. For whatever reason she looked to the ground, finding the small, frail things laying there. Her emerald gaze snapped back to Thor's face, a worried frown settling itself on her lips. "What happened to you?"

"."

@[Thor]

autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower

Messages In This Thread
Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 11-30-2014, 12:30 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 11-30-2014, 03:29 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-04-2014, 11:57 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 12-10-2014, 12:25 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-10-2014, 02:06 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 12-12-2014, 12:24 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-15-2014, 02:10 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-17-2014, 08:12 PM