the Rift

[PRIVATE] Save Me, Tales of the Broken

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

Illness? Eva wondered what sort of illness could possibly affect only Thor's wings, make them rot and decay and fall from his body without affecting any other part of him. As he spoke she found herself looking at them again, studying them, wondering if he had been cursed rather than wracked with an illness. At one time she would have scoffed at the idea of curses and the like, but that was before shades had driven her from Isilme, before the sun wraiths overran Helovia, and before snakes had fallen from the sky and begun devouring themselves. Yes, maybe he had been cursed. Or maybe she was just being completely irrational because no matter how much she thought back over what she'd learned when she had been a healer she could not remember an illness that would affect only Thor's wings.

She held her ground as Thor stepped closer, unconcerned that if he really were ill that he might be contagious. The closer he got the more clearly she could see the lines on his face, the exhaustion in his eyes, and her heart hurt for him. It was an unsettling feeling to be so concerned with another's well-being that was not her own or Tallis'. "Tallis." The dragon chirped in response as she said his name. "Gather some firewood. Its going to keep getting colder and we'll need to keep warm." She wished with everything she had that the edge had at least one cave that they would be able to hide out in until daylight, but she was not that lucky.

Eva watched Tallis as he flew off, but her gaze quickly fell back to Thor as he spoke. She twitched nervously as he explained what had happened and it only strengthened her irrational belief that he had been cursed. "...like what happened to us." She murmured. "With the snakes ... and the mist." Only they had been lucky then and had not been cursed or contracted whatever 'illness' Thor had.

“I didn’t think it would lead to this… I’m not sure how to feel,”

Evangeline frowned. "You did not let your wings define you before, don't let your lack of them define you now. You are still Thor." She lifted her muzzle to touch Thor's then stepped closer and angled her body so that her side and his chest were perpendicular. "You look exhausted." Eva murmured. "You should rest your head until Tallis returns."

"."

Credits

Messages In This Thread
Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 11-30-2014, 12:30 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 11-30-2014, 03:29 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-04-2014, 11:57 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 12-10-2014, 12:25 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-10-2014, 02:06 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 12-12-2014, 12:24 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-15-2014, 02:10 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-17-2014, 08:12 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 12-29-2014, 01:23 AM