the Rift

[PRIVATE] Save Me, Tales of the Broken

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Thor the Gentle Heart

Emerald waves danced across my vision as I lost myself in Evangeline’s evident concern. She did not run from me, did not shy… She was an image of strength and beauty. I wondered what kind of leader she might be now and if she felt herself prepared for the role after growing into what I believed to be a powerful mare. I thought back to her admissions to me only a short time ago… She had been thrust from her home by shades in her life prior to Helovia, but a small part of my selfish heart was glad she had ended up here, with me. At times I wondered if she could see the greed in my eyes and the way I couldn’t keep them away from her. Try as I might, the thought of her sent my heart racing and my skin trembling; I was nervous.

I’d forgotten what it felt like to admire another as much I did Eva. She was everything I’d once imagined in my equal… Funny how I could distract myself with ideas of her in such pressing times of need. I’d almost forgotten why I’d called for her until she was instructing Tallis to gather wood for a fire. “You don’t have to do that,” I sighed. “I’ll be fine.

Afterward, I tried to draw her gaze back to my own in order to drown myself in the green I’d find there. It was strange how the heat of a fire was so integral to our meetings… Flames, heat, and warmth… no wonder Eva had left such an endearing mark on my heart. Her mere presence brought a light to my dark life.

However after sharing my memories of the Steppe, I instantly regretted worrying the mare with my adventures. It had dredged up painful memories that plagued not only her mind but my own as well. “It was different… more violent and exact. It was as if- as if I was a target. A thick, black smoke rolled in from the mountains and suffocated me Eva. I’m lucky to be alive right now- it could have taken much more than my wings and I know that. But… I- I just don’t know how to feel right now.” The pain was evident in my voice as I attempted to turn away from her in order to hide my fear. I was not a fearful creature but there were something things that I couldn’t keep from affecting me.

But, as always, Evangeline knew exactly what to say in order to soothe my anxious heart. I knew there was goodness in her soul that urged her to comfort me but a deep, residing longing wanted it to be more than that. I wanted her to care for me… as more than a friend, as more than some sorrowful charity case in need of her attention.

The frustration I’d been feeling bubbled up from my gut and I tried to hide it from her but I was unable to contain the emerging frown that touched my hardened lips. “I know that Eva… I do. But that doesn’t change what happened to me and the fact that I couldn’t do anything to stop it.” A soft, callous laugh chased after the words as they fluttered coarsely in the wind. “I don’t want to be known for my gentleness. I want to be known for my strength and tenacity,” I flushed. My eyes sought her face once more but they closed quickly as her soft muzzle found my own. She drove me wild… she did. How could I make a point with her touching me like that?

The anger I’d felt washed away only to be replaced with a cold desire for her warmth. I couldn’t help but watch her curiously as she shifted away from me, simultaneously making me cringe and marvel at the same time. What was she doing? As she moved closer once again to allow me a chance to rest my head across her back, I couldn’t help the foolish smile that forced its way toward victory across my face. “I certainly can’t say no to that…” I boasted delightedly. Softly, I stepped into her side before lowering my nose to her withers. Cautiously, I traced her spine with bated breath before finally draping my neck along her back. She smelled of autumn leaves and fresh air… she smelled like home.

Go on, save yourself
@[Evangeline]

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 11-30-2014, 12:30 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 11-30-2014, 03:29 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-04-2014, 11:57 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 12-10-2014, 12:25 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-10-2014, 02:06 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 12-12-2014, 12:24 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-15-2014, 02:10 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-17-2014, 08:12 PM