the Rift

[PRIVATE] Save Me, Tales of the Broken

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

"You don't have to do that. I'll be fine."

"The fire is not only for you." Evangeline answered back. There was a part of her that was terrified to be stuck in the dark, especially after the incident with the snakes and the mist. She knew in the back of her mind that the fire would more than likely do them no good because not even dragon fire had been able to burn the mist away and make it dissipate. But light brought comfort and a sense of security and that was what she craved even more than the warmth the fire would provide. "I want light." She murmured. "I need it. There has to be light."

Tallis reappeared and dropped a bundle of sticks and twigs near Eva and Thor then disappeared again to gather more. "Quickly." She urged the dragon as the night grew darker and more threatening. She thought for a moment that she was being paranoid and perceiving threats in the shadows where there were none, but as Thor began to speak of the black smoke suffocating him she thought that her growing paranoia was justified. Her ears tilted back as he continued on about his experience and she knew that he was right. He was lucky that it had not taken his life instead of a pair of feathery appendages. Eva's heart thumped heavily and her throat constricted almost painfully as she thought of him losing his life instead of just his wings. It was startling to feel such a way after having been alone for so long. She had told herself several times since joining the Edge that she would do her job, but she would not let anyone in and she'd not been able to do it. She'd let Kaj and Kahlua in, had begun to care for them like she'd cared for Roanne and Ruske. And now Thor had managed to weasel his way into her heart.

Another bundle of sticks were dropped on the ground near them and the orange dragon landed and took several seconds to assemble them into something that didn't resemble only a haphazard pile of sticks. Once he had it assembled the way he wanted he lit the fire then disappeared once more to gather more sticks. The tension that had gathered in Eva's muscles began to ease as the fire flickered and chased away a good bit of the darkness. Her gaze fell to it and she watched it as Thor responded to what she said about his wings defining him. She snorted and frowned, shook her head then looked back at Thor. "So what are you going to do?" She asked. "Feel sorry for yourself because you couldn't stop it? Let it break you? Let it win?" Yes, she was scared of whatever it was. And, yes, she she lived in an almost constant state of paranoia, especially when darkness crept in, but she wanted to fight it. She wanted to make it go away because she didn't want to be chased from another home.

Home. When had she started to think of Helovia as home?

“I don’t want to be known for my gentleness. I want to be known for my strength and tenacity,”

"But you're the GentleHeart." Evangeline said, her gaze softening as she looked at Thor. "It takes more strength to be kind to someone undeserving of it than to fight them." She wondered if he would disagree with her and put more value on physical strength. The orange mare could go on a tirade about the importance of kindness and gentleness, but rather than get on her soapbox and preach she did Thor the kindness of allowing him to rest his head across her back while Tallis continued to gather firewood and stoke the fire. She felt his muzzle bump against her withers and thought nothing of it, but when it began to move along her back she wondered if he would notice the shiver that she tried to suppress.

Credits

Messages In This Thread
Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 11-30-2014, 12:30 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 11-30-2014, 03:29 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-04-2014, 11:57 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 12-10-2014, 12:25 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-10-2014, 02:06 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 12-12-2014, 12:24 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-15-2014, 02:10 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-17-2014, 08:12 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 12-29-2014, 01:23 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-29-2014, 02:24 AM