the Rift

[PRIVATE] Save Me, Tales of the Broken

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

She nodded as Thor said that there would be light, but she could not help but to worry. Everyday she tried to suppress the panic and paranoia that threatened to claw its way from the depths of her being and overwhelm her. At times she was able to pretend that nothing was wrong, but something always sucker-punched her and brought her back to the harsh reality that she didn't want to face. As she looked at Thor she knew how very real the unknown and unseen threat was. She knew that at any moment the unknown could strike and that was what scared her the most. If it had enough power to take Thor's wings what else could it do? How strong was it? Where was it?

When Eva has questioned Thor on what he planned to do she sounded far more confident that they could possibly overcome it than she felt. How could they possibly fight something when they didn't know what it was? They didn't know its strengths (aside from sneak attacks) or its weaknesses. For all they knew it could be some being that transcended even the Gods. Still, she did not want Thor to see that she was near hopelessness for his own sake. She stared at the grown, her mouth fixed firmly into a frown and her tail brushing against her hocks. "I will not let it win without a fight." She murmured, the words feeling so very foreign in her mouth. She was not a fighter. She spoke against fighting and instead settling differences with diplomacy. She doubted, however, that diplomacy would work on something that seemed so intent to wreak havoc and kill whenever the chance presented itself. "I will fight it until I cannot fight anymore. And if I die then I will have gone down fighting. I will not allow myself to be bullied by a murderer. I will not allow it to continue murdering. I will stop it." She tried to sound confident, but the waver in her voice was enough to speak volumes of the fear that raged beneath her seemingly calm exterior.

A soft sigh passed Evangeline's lips as Thor rested his head on her back and she hoped that he was finished with his questions, but as fate would have it he had one more. She turned her head to look at him, her expression turning guarded. "I feel everyday." She replied. "I feel the wind in my hair, the snow beneath my hooves. I feel the warmth of the fire." Her gaze lowered the the small fire that Tallis was continuing to add sticks to. "I feel Tallis' presence, his heart beating with mine." She looked back at Thor and shifted to push her shoulder against his chest. "I feel you right now."

"."

Credits

Messages In This Thread
Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 11-30-2014, 12:30 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 11-30-2014, 03:29 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-04-2014, 11:57 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 12-10-2014, 12:25 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-10-2014, 02:06 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 12-12-2014, 12:24 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-15-2014, 02:10 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-17-2014, 08:12 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 12-29-2014, 01:23 AM