the Rift

[PRIVATE] Save Me, Tales of the Broken

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Thor the Gentle Heart

There was a strange feeling of emptiness that spread slowly from my head to my hooves as I gazed longingly into eyes of deep evergreen. It pained me that this mare refused to acknowledge my attempts to be near her. Evangeline was a distant creature who lived in a world too far away for me to reach. Every time I pulled, she pushed. If I walked, she ran. I felt like I was fighting with the wind…

I couldn’t recall a time that passion had been so hard to come by. We were mere animals at our core and yet she appeared to deny any primal disposition and any efforts to pull her from her head. Even now, she appeared to be mulling over the past or maybe she was simply looking for another way to torture me. Either way they felt the same from my point of view.

She had brought up a good point about the mysterious havoc wreaking sin and suffering all throughout Helovia but just as we were mere animals, we were also mere mortals. We could fester and worry ourselves into a premature grave or we could continue living… and I wanted nothing more than to live. Over the last few days I’d felt so anxious, so fragile. But now that I’d lost so much, things that ranged from love to body parts, I couldn’t help but feel… free. This world could take from me as it pleased but it would not break me because it would only make me stronger.

Slowly, a dawning of realization seemed to awake my dormant emotions. I had come so far, straight from the pits of hell and I’d survived. As I gazed distractedly at Evangeline, watching the emotions as they fluttered across her face, I started to remember just who I was. She was completely right. I’d been running from everything my whole life and now I had the chance to face my fears. I wasn’t entirely sure what they were, but it was enough to urge me to act. However, I needed a friend on my side; I needed a companion to help me walk through the flames.

Pale orange light danced across our tranquil party as the flames began to grow and crackle. When Eva finally found her voice after a long time spent contemplating her secrets, I turned away from the flames to look back at her. I was more than surprised to find a strong sense of determination simmering behind those emerald eyes but it was determination nonetheless. Her speech was fluent and inspiring and I couldn’t help watching the way her lips moved over the words with ferocity and soul… she was perfect.

Eva… my dear, I know what you mean and I know it’s an irritating situation, but you can’t do that alone. These murders, well, they’re much bigger than you and I. I fear every morning that I’ll wake up and find death and loss but I am only one being, one force against the evil. You and I both know we can’t take this thing on alone but I do know one thing at least: I intend to keep you safe, keep our family safe,” I said with growing resolve. “Just… don’t do anything without me. It would kill me if something happened to you.

A heated blush lit my cheeks at the confession but I did not hide from her as I was so accustomed to doing. But of course, as any sane female was ought to do, she plowed ahead with intentions to break down all of the tenderness I’d tried to build between us. I feel every day. I feel the wind in my hair, the snow beneath my hooves. I feel the warmth of the fire.

Needless to say, our moment was ruined.

I think you mistake my meaning Evangeline. I think you always have,” I chuckled in response while leaning heavily into her shoulder. She’d understand one day even if it wasn’t the present one.

Mares… you can’t live with them but you can’t live without them.

Go on, save yourself
@[Evangeline]

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 11-30-2014, 12:30 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 11-30-2014, 03:29 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-04-2014, 11:57 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 12-10-2014, 12:25 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-10-2014, 02:06 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 12-12-2014, 12:24 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-15-2014, 02:10 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-17-2014, 08:12 PM