the Rift

[PRIVATE] Save Me, Tales of the Broken

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

With you by my side I can do anything
When we swing, babe, we hang past right and wrong

Eva did not want to admit that Thor was correct in his assessment of the murders. It was bigger than either of them. It transcended them. Even the gods had gotten involved with trying to hunt down the killer. Didn't that mean that the killer was something far more dangerous than any outcast or any individual that resided in a herd? What could mortals do against something like that? "We can't let it win." She whispered stubbornly. "If one of us rises and stands up against it then won't others? Someone must be take initiative, be a leader." She looked to Thor with wide emerald eyes when he said that he would keep her safe. "Why?" As she spoke the words he continued on to say that he would keep their family safe. Their family? But she did not have a family with him. 'Herd.' Tallis interjected as he dumped more sticks onto the growing fire. 'Keep herd family safe.'

Why did her heart feel like it sank to the bottom of her hooves? Was it because she didn't have a family with him? No. Evangeline snorted. That couldn't be it. She was being ridiculous.

“Just… don’t do anything without me. It would kill me if something happened to you.”

"What?" Her brows furrowed as she stared at Thor, unable to fully comprehend the weight of his words. "Why?" Maybe it was that she didn't want to understand. She had locked away her heart, feelings, emotions, and everything tied to love the day that Validino had walked out of her life. 'Likes you.' Tallis murmured, making Evangeline shake her head. "Why would he like me?" Her gaze had fallen to the dragon who had paused stoking the fire to look up at her. 'What not to like? Stop being stupid.' Her ears tilted back and she snorted once more, though this time it was directed at Tallis.

She was thankful when the subject was changed, but when she answered Thor's question he claimed that she had misunderstood him. She had always misunderstood? She quickly went from being thankful for the subject change to hating it. "What do you mean?" She questioned. "What have I mistaken? What did you mean?" She asked even though she was beginning to realize what he meant. It was all too much and Evangeline wanted to pull away from Thor rather than continue to comfort him. He was getting too close. She had let him get too close and he was going to hurt her just like everyone she let close to her had. Tears pricked her eyes and she blinked furiously to keep them from falling. "I need to go." She wanted Tallis to screech and take off, give her a reason to run away and not look back, but the dragon was stubborn and refused to move. "Please, Tallis."

'No.'

Thor the Gentleheart && Evangeline the Pure

Messages In This Thread
Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 11-30-2014, 12:30 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 11-30-2014, 03:29 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-04-2014, 11:57 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 12-10-2014, 12:25 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-10-2014, 02:06 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 12-12-2014, 12:24 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-15-2014, 02:10 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-17-2014, 08:12 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 12-29-2014, 01:23 AM