the Rift

[PRIVATE] Save Me, Tales of the Broken

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Say you love me to my face, I need it more than your embrace

Just say you want me, that’s all it takes
As dastardly as I was and as cruel as I’d proven to be, I could not help but feel disarmed with Evangeline at my side. Though I’d been titled as “The Gentle Heart”, I did not feel in control with Eva around. I felt brash, indecisive, and crazed. Her touch brought warmth and feeling, her words emotion and action… When had she overcome me? This feeling could only be described as weakness and at times I warred with the idea of her and at others, I gave in. Her lips formed words of revenge, or vengeance… I didn’t care which. I couldn’t concentrate anymore. The murders and the sorrow and the pain… well they could wait until another day. The way her face puckered and shifted, betraying her emotions, only made me want. “That’s why we have Leaders Eva. They make decisions and they control disturbances in morale,” I soothed. But she questioned me as always- something I expected from a mare as opinionated as she. “Why what?” I smiled down at her.

She was becoming flustered and nervous. I could tell it in the way she repeated herself time after time. That beautiful woman would listen, but would not hear. Each time I attempted to approach her heart she would throw up wall after wall in order to keep me at bay. But it would only be a matter of time before her defenses were worn… I would find my way inside. “I’m not sure what you’re asking me Evangeline. I’m almost certain that the things I’ve told you are self-explanatory. I would not wish you unwell. It would hurt me if something happened to you. I don’t feel that needs more explanation,” I stated firmly. She tried to free herself of what she was about to hear but I would not let her. This was no longer something she could run from. I had met her, I had talked with her, and I had expressed myself to her. I couldn’t say that she was so dear to my heart that love moved me to act, but she was near enough to impact me and she would have to face that.

Eva could walk circles around me if she liked, if that made her comfortable, but I would find a way to walk a straight line- one that led right to her. I shifted away from her to step forward and circle back around in a wide arc. I wanted her to face me when she spoke. I wanted her to see how her actions and her words affected me, but nothing seemed to break her impenetrable wall. Instead, Eva circled once again, trying her damnedest to evade me. I couldn’t understand it… even if I tried. What forces kept her from feeling, from seeking release? Finally her questions weakened and fell with a soft quiver, her lips trembling with the effort. Pain lurked somewhere behind intense eyes of green and though I knew better than to ask what troubled her, I did struggle with the pang of guilt that coursed through my chest.

However, this was no longer something either of us could ignore. Tears threatened to overwhelm her and she sought to look anywhere but at me, however I would not have it so. I imagined she was pleading with Tallis to free her of the situation as any sane creature might, but I shot the dragon a serious look. No one would have peace this night if she found a way to run. “Stop it. Stop trying to fool me Eva. I only wish you happiness. Why can you not see that? Don’t… don’t you dare cry,” I croaked before finding my voice again. “I care about you. I’m sorry if that upsets you… but I’m not sorry for the way I feel,” I finished softly. I took the moment I knew she would need to recover and moved forward with my muzzle outstretched toward her. I wanted to graze her skin, inhale her, and comfort her. “Just let me care for you.
Thor & Evangeline
I want to feel burning flames when you say my name

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 11-30-2014, 12:30 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 11-30-2014, 03:29 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-04-2014, 11:57 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 12-10-2014, 12:25 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-10-2014, 02:06 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 12-12-2014, 12:24 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-15-2014, 02:10 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-17-2014, 08:12 PM