the Rift

[PRIVATE] Save Me, Tales of the Broken

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

my heart is set on you, i don't want no one else
and if you don't want me i guess i'll be all by myself

Evangeline shook her head, as if that alone would stop the words from flowing from Thor's mouth and consuming her like a tidal wave. She didn't want him to care about her because if he didn't care about her then it would be so much easier for her to not care about him. So much easier for her to be content with being alone. It would be like it had been for the past year. Just her and Tallis moving along with the flow of the world. 'Too late.' She stared down at the dragon, trying so hard to ignore Thor as he tried to stay in her line of sight. Why did he want her to keep looking at him? Why? Couldn't he tell that she didn't even want to be there anymore? Why had he brought up a topic that was so sensitive? Why did he not just let it drop when he could see how upset it made her? 'Eva care about Thund... Thor.' The dragon cut himself off from calling Thor by his newly appointed nickname of 'Thunderbutt'. 'Thor care about Eva.'

But she didn't want it to be true. She didn't want him to care about her, she didn't want to care so deeply for him. Why couldn't he be just another face she knew from the Edge? Just someone she knew from serving as an emissary to the king and queen. Why couldn't her life be simple and easy? 'Good things not simple.' Eva continued to stare at the dragon. "When did you get so smart?" The dragon stared at his bonded. 'When you got so stupid.'

Her view of Tallis was blocked as Thor danced into her line of vision and, once more, she turned her head away from him. "Stop..." She whispered. His demand that she not cry made the mare blink more fiercely, determined not to let any tears escape. "Stop... just stop. Stop. Please..." She said again, this time her voice louder, but Thor continued to speak, claimed that he cared about her and couldn't help the way that he felt. "Stop!" She snapped and allowed her gaze to finally raise to Thor's face. "Don't say that! Everyone... everyone that's said that to me is gone!" Her ears tilted back against her head and she backed several steps away from Thor. "Stop saying it."

As Tallis watched and listened to his bonded he began to realize that maybe she was more scared of Thor disappearing now that he had spoken his feelings than she was about allowing herself to care about him.

Thor the Gentleheart && Evangeline the Pure

Messages In This Thread
Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 11-30-2014, 12:30 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 11-30-2014, 03:29 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-04-2014, 11:57 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 12-10-2014, 12:25 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-10-2014, 02:06 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 12-12-2014, 12:24 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-15-2014, 02:10 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-17-2014, 08:12 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 12-29-2014, 01:23 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-29-2014, 02:24 AM