the Rift

[PRIVATE] Save Me, Tales of the Broken

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Say you love me to my face, I need it more than your embrace

Just say you want me, that’s all it takes
How… how could a few syllables amount to such demanding, physical pain? Time had slowed, become a tangible thing that touched my heart like a hot iron. I was defenseless and quiet, broken. The more she spoke the more the fire seared and eradicated tender flesh.

I was forced to look away, contemplate anything other than smoldering eyes of green. She’d cut the tie, severed whatever connection bloomed between us with a single blow. I shuddered once before laughing. It was a cold, callous sound that did not belong at my lips but I couldn’t refrain. I couldn’t pretend that she did not control me, make me feel. I tried to imagine the moment she knew, the very fucking moment she decided she didn’t care.

I glanced once to Tallis, hoping to find answers and yet knowing I would find nothing but the wall built between us. He was a reflection of Eva and all I saw in her empty eyes was fortitude and self-preservation. I had two choices now, one being to walk away like the coward I was and the other to deny her claims. I could stand a fool, a desperate man hoping and wishing for something that could never be mine… or I could fight.

I’d suffered my fair share of shame. Could I not endeavor one more sacrifice?

With a heavy sigh, I returned my eyes to hers, to Evangeline. Tears rolled freely down her face and I longed to reach for her and soothe the pain that rocked her, but I would not. She needed strength now, not comfort. I’d seen her, seen her pride and her power… This day was no different for her because I knew the woman she was. She was not weak… but afraid. “Take it back. Take it back right now Eva,” I retorted.

This time I wasn’t giving up. I wasn’t going to let her run from me, even if it hurt my soul in the process.

I hated that she could tell me no when I could see it in her eyes, read it in her body language- she was mine. I’d known it too fast, overstepped my bounds more than once … But dammit if I didn’t think she was meant for me. “You’re lying,” I accused harshly.

I moved away from her and toward the mists crawling in from the forest almost hopeful they would conceal me. But I stopped just short of leaving in order to fix the mare with a serious gaze. “I’m not going to ask you again Eva. I’m not going to plead for your affection. If you want me, if you believe in me… you’ll admit it. You’ll come to me. I’ve shared myself with you, met you halfway- hell more than halfway,” I grit through clenched teeth. My muscles clenched and rippled from the stress but I was yet calm, contained… for now.

In one final moment of weakness I softened. “Please… just let me in.
Thor & Evangeline
I want to feel burning flames when you say my name

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 11-30-2014, 12:30 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 11-30-2014, 03:29 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-04-2014, 11:57 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 12-10-2014, 12:25 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-10-2014, 02:06 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 12-12-2014, 12:24 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-15-2014, 02:10 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-17-2014, 08:12 PM