the Rift

[PRIVATE] Save Me, Tales of the Broken

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

my heart is set on you, i don't want no one else
and if you don't want me i guess i'll be all by myself

Evangeline took another step back as Thor laughed, uncomfortable with the cold, bitter sound of it. What now? Would he scream at her? Yell? Cuss? A small part of her hoped that he would, hoped he would lash out bitterly and hatefully because it would help her reinforce the crumbling wall she'd built up to protect herself. The wall that he was so effectively tearing apart from the foundation up. "Please..." She hated the sound of that laughter, hated herself for the way it made her heart feel like it was drowning. When he finally looked away from her it did little to ease her or make her relax in any sense of the word. Was he giving up on her? Was he going to leave her to her own devices? It was what she wanted, wasn't it? If it was then why did she feel like there were more cracks spiderwebbing across her heart?

He turned to her and for a moment her eyes met his before she looked away, still unable to look at him, knowing that she was hurting him. She shook her head as he demanded that she take back what she had said, begged that she take it back. "No." She whispered. "No ... I don't ... I don't want you." I can't want you. Why didn't he just give up and leave her alone with her crumbling defenses? Why did he keep pushing and pushing? She was going to break, shatter into a million different pieces and then what? Would he still want her after her soul was bared for him?

"You're lying."

She did not deny it because denying it would only affirm that she was lying. Denying it would be telling him that she wanted him, every part of him. She wanted to claim his heart as her own, make her place in his soul, and her home at his side. 'Do it.' Why did Tallis understand that she couldn't? What if he turned out just like Validino and left her? Or hateful like Ricochet? What if she couldn't make him love her enough to want to stay with her once he knew all of her flaws? 'Can't live by what if.'

Movement brought her gaze back to Thor and her heart felt like it stopped when she saw that he was leaving. Anxiety coursed through her veins and she stumbled forward several steps before forcing herself to a standstill. He stopped, turned to her, spoke again, and she listened but didn't comment. She was torn between wanting him to leave so she could keep her defenses, though damaged, standing or tearing those same defenses down completely and going to him, accepting his affection and returning it. But how? How did she do that? Tentatively, she took a step forward then stopped, her ears falling back as her anxiety and insecurity increased.

“Please… just let me in.”

"...I don't know how." She admitted softly. How could she trust enough to bare her heart completely? How could she love without the fear of being broken? How could she be someone she had not been in years?

Thor the Gentleheart && Evangeline the Pure

Messages In This Thread
Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 11-30-2014, 12:30 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 11-30-2014, 03:29 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-04-2014, 11:57 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 12-10-2014, 12:25 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-10-2014, 02:06 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 12-12-2014, 12:24 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-15-2014, 02:10 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-17-2014, 08:12 PM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Evangeline - 12-29-2014, 01:23 AM
RE: Save Me, Tales of the Broken - by Thor - 12-29-2014, 02:24 AM