the Rift

{Steadfast silly fae}-[open]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Unused to such ostentatious and vocal praise, Ophelia blinked, confused. Blessed are her hooves? The guided? She had no response to those words, uncomfortable in her own skin and unwilling to accept any blessing. Were she but white, she would have felt like an angel. The tips of her hair were clothed in crimson, heat encased in ice, and mind toeing the line between good and evil - grey. She was grey. The last time she had held a simple conversation without desiring some gain was far too long ago. Even the last meeting she held with her twin had been to mourn the passing of their mother.

She was out of her element, completely. Just like the mare herself, her name tumbled from Ophelia's lips in an unintentional, husky murmur. The way 'sekhmet' fell was in itself sweet, lovely, and she could not help but wonder if this beauty would set her wiles upon those she cared for - Torleik? Doubts clouded her mind, but now was too late to rescind her invitation.

Instead, she continued to regale the foreigner with tales of Helovia, hoping that tossing facts would mask Ophelia's inability to communicate with normalcy. She would not exactly refer to the Basin as sophisticated, but Deimos and Illynx had done well with keeping everything moving forward, ever progressive. So, she simply nodded in agreement. If this fae was used to marble palaces, carpeted floors and stunning colors, she would be horribly disappointed. Helovia was simple this way.

A cacophony of emotions swirled in her heart when this beautiful stranger accepted her invitation. Certainly one so confident, dripping in sweet words and defined by beauty would sweep the stallions away with her tender touch. But, Ophelia felt every confidence that she had done something positive for the herd - that she was proving her usefulness. "You are now a citizen of the Aurora Basin," she said with a soft smile. "Come, the journey is long."

[[Making a welcoming thread for us in the Basin now!]]

Credits: Image by Del-Rae @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
{Steadfast silly fae}-[open] - by Sekhmet - 11-30-2014, 09:40 AM
RE: {Steadfast silly fae}-[open] - by Ophelia - 11-30-2014, 10:39 AM
RE: {Steadfast silly fae}-[open] - by Sekhmet - 11-30-2014, 05:40 PM
RE: {Steadfast silly fae}-[open] - by Ophelia - 11-30-2014, 07:37 PM
RE: {Steadfast silly fae}-[open] - by Sekhmet - 12-01-2014, 04:15 PM
RE: {Steadfast silly fae}-[open] - by Ophelia - 12-02-2014, 12:59 PM